UT vs App St

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by uisge beatha, Dec 15, 2015.

1. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

Down 9-4. Really! I was hoping this wouldn't be a let down game

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 2
  4. meadowlark

meadowlark 100+ Posts

[​IMG]
    just win baby!

5. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Good thing NC was Saturday and not tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  6. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Seasons over. Fire Shaka. Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  7. uisge beatha

Wow, that trip to first elite 8 has been 25 yrs ago! I remember watching that Purdue game w/ Sangre back when we were both students

• Like Like x 2
  8. uisge beatha

Penders is in the house - perhaps we can rehire him!

• Like Like x 1
  9. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Penders' fro was looking splendid tonight.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  11. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Free throw shooting ......SMH

12. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

4 point lead for the Horns. Crybabies are sad. Boo.

14. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

It's bad. It's been bad. I'm with you.

15. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

A kid who really benefitted from Barnes leaving and Smart arriving seems to be Lammert.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

7 point lead. Booooo!

17. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

haha, the only negative comment on here is the freethrow shooting and you're like losing your mind

• Like Like x 1
  18. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Don't misread what I mean...Everyone benefitted with Barnes leaving...Its just Lammert seems so much better than he was last year.

19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

15 point lead AND we hit some free throws. Waaaaaaa!

20. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Ridley will be such a beast if he learns to shoot FTs better...Unstoppable if he fixes that part of his game.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Oh they hit a 3 I told you we suck

22. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

Everyone seems to be benefitting from Roose too. This team has much more pep and explosiveness.

23. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

Ugh, ONE BLOCK AWAY
    What a game

• Like Like x 1
  24. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

25. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, Lammert is showing skills in lots of areas now, such as passing, blocking out and rebounding at a higher level. I think his confidence is only going to grow as he continues under Shaka's instruction. There is really a positive vibe on this team that I have not seen in a very long time.

26. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Ridley had a fine game, and when he polishes his short shots (2 to 4 feet from the hoop) he will be earning a big NBA check. (He will be doing that anyway next year.)

I thought Prince Ibeh was really struggling tonight. He missed a couple of point blank dunks and seemed to get caught making unnecessary fouls. I hope he gets straightened out to at least where he was last year. Offensively he has been a liability so far. And with the new ultra close officiating, he is getting burned with foul calls.

I hope he can stay patient, and keep working at it. I think he will come around, and we need him big time for conference. :hookem2:

27. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I hope this is a sarcastic joke. How could it not be a let down after the tremendous energy and win against NC?

Tonight was very sloppy and hard to watch. Haven't seen this many missed lay ups in a long time.

But its not surprising, really. And they hung in there and put the game away. Good Win.

• Like Like x 1
  28. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Team was 8 of 18. I do not understand Ridley, who is having a great year, last year, he was not bad from the FT line. Maybe he will come around.

29. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Lammert has been the glue guy on the team. He doesn't star at any one thing, maybe feeding the post better than even our guards.

He does does do many things well and shows more hustle than any other player. That is why Smart has called him the team MVP, so far this season, in a pre-game interview.

30. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

I really don't care about their NBA game. I wish them well in their careers, but I care more about what they do HERE at TEXAS. If Ridley doesn't fix his FT shooting I tell my players to foul him in crunch time to prevent him scoring on me. Thats why it is so important that he and the others develop their FT shooting NOW. Announcers mentioned this would be a huge problem when they get into conference play; and it will be if they don't fix it.