UT vs. Kansas

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by Joe Fan, Feb 29, 2016.

1. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

They looked tired.
    Shots were clanging off the front of the rim.
    That usually means tired legs.
    This is a tough conference and the freshmen have never played a season this long.
    I would almost rather see them knocked out of the B12 tourney early so they can rest before NCAA tourney.

• Like Like x 3
  2. NJlonghorn

NJlonghorn 2,500+ Posts

No, we were cold at the right time. Being cold against most teams means losing a game you could, maybe even should, have won. Being cold against Kansas means losing by 30 instead of 15. Perfect timing.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good perspective, imo. Whether we lost by 30 or by 1, it’s still just a single loss to the best team in the country. After the OU win I think a lot of us (me too) thought we had a good chance of knocking off KU as well. Maybe on another night we could but the Jayhawks were on fire last night.

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

This might explain things about Taylor and his play at times.

5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

^^^
    Same thing that sidelined Peyton Manning last season.

6. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Well that's just great...

7. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

We should rest him during the Big 12 tourney and just shooting around at practice. This will help get the others get ready for March Madness.

8. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

That's a helluva a deal; your two best players get hurt....

9. The Horn Identity

The Horn Identity 500+ Posts

Sit him for OSU on Friday. We'll still get a buy on the first round of Big 12 tourney, so that would give him 10 days off.

10. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

I suffered w/ this awhile back. Getting up every morning was an adventure - neb=ver knew if I was going to feel the blinding pain shoot through my foot or not the first step. Also, never knew which step throughout the day would cause more pain. And I didn't have to exert myself the way he does on hte court. I don't think 10 days will really help his condition, although it wouldn't hurt

11. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

I had plantar for about 10 months. That first strike in the mornings was excruciating. My physical therapists said it was chronic, but then one day, after about $500 worth of kinesio tape, it went away.

I feel for Taylor.

12. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I had it for awhile. I got some good arch support insoles for all my shoes, used them all the time; never went barefoot; even first thing in the morning I used shoes with the inserts. Did a few other little physical therapy things on my foot, and now no problem.

It is very painful until its fixed. Hope they can help him with this.

• Like Like x 1
  13. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

Not that it counts for anything but my vote would be to sit Taylor for the entire Big 12 tourney. I don't think our NCAA tourney seeding will be affected too much by an extra win and really there is not much difference in being a 5-7 seed (which is where I hope we land).

What is big for us is Taylor's ability to be effective in the NCAA tourney. So if Coach Smart is reading this board and taking votes, please count this as one vote for sitting Taylor until the Big Dance.

14. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. Hopefully 2.5 weeks off would help.