UT vs OU

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by txlandagent, Feb 27, 2016.

1. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Great to have win during Junior Day !!! Plus all the action on Campus this weekend...Other than Tulsa kicking our butts in softball things looking pretty good.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Coach gets it .....

• Like Like x 6
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

score.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Click the pic once to enlarge, nice panoramic shot
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  7. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Let the fork continue to be with us.

• Like Like x 5
  8. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

What an awesome win. First Texas BB team in a while to get noticeably better as the season wears on. Credit the Wizard of Aus!

Also three things stuck out for me: 1)Our defense was outstanding and Ibeh was in the game full strength (not hampered by foul trouble) at the end of the game making it tough for ou in the paint--their big men were a non factor; 2) At the end of the game Ou was still not in the bonus, and we were in the double bonus; 3) Our freshmen are playing with confidence and poise that you could not have imagined in December.

For all three of the above factors: All Hail the Wizard of Aus!!!!

• Like Like x 6
  11. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

And then there was one. What I mean is only one team is left in Big 12 conference play, that Texas hasn't defeated.

That team is the Kansas Jayhawks and they just happen to be dropping in for a Big Monday game, in Austin, as maybe the #1 team in the nation.

Texas just took out #3 ranked rival OU, to set this up. Some might think it would be hard to get back up again, after all the emotion involved today, with the late explosion to win.

It will be senior day and that should help, that and another full house at the Drum.

Oh, one more thing going for Texas, that new coach is pretty good it seems, if anybody can get the Horns ready to pull off this "daily double" of big wins over top three teams, it's this guy.

Can you imagine, even with Ridley, not many thought this was possible. This is must see viewing either in person or on some form of screen, for all Texas fans.

I can't wait. :hookem2:

• Like Like x 3
  12. uisge beatha

uisge beatha 1,000+ Posts

On Longhorn Extra Update, they just said 2007-2008 we beat 4 top 10 teams and 02-03 we beat 3.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

14. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

07-08 was a fun season. We were stacked. Rounds 3 and 4 in Houston really set us up well for a final four. Too bad we had to go through that Calipari led Memphis team that shouldn't have even been eligible to play.

• Like Like x 3
  15. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Were some of those wins in the tourney and not in the regular season?

16. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 7
  17. txlandagent

txlandagent 500+ Posts

3 reg season - #7 Tennessee, #2 UCLA, #3 KU, then #10 Stanford in the Sweet 16

18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Look closer at the pic, footnote at bottom

20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Kerwin Roach jammin. Check out Shaka in the background.

• Like Like x 3
  21. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Just when you think you can't like Shaka any more, you see this.

This man gets it on and off the court.

22. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Didn't see that it had already been posted, but it's worth saying twice. :smile1:

• Like Like x 1
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I've seen enough of Shaka. I'm sold. Reminds me of Jim Valvano.

• Like Like x 1
  24. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

That is a great photo. Kerwin is literally flying!

25. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

NEVER apologize for giving us reinforcement that OU sucks :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  26. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

I am not so sure why we should be so surprised by the success of this team. While it did take an adjustment period, this team is basically the same team that went to the round of 32 two years ago..sans J Holmes. I guess it could be because of how they are doing this with two players who should never ever see the floor in Lammert and Felix.

• Like Like x 2
  27. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Anybody like to see a replay? Since the game wasn't on ABC, ESPN, or LHN, there won't be any televised replay.

• Like Like x 7
  28. harry_horns

harry_horns 250+ Posts

@1:01:55 in that video - "This is like 16 thousand people ganged up on Oklahoma"

:ousucksnana::ousucks:

• Like Like x 3
  29. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Actually, if you look closely, you can tell that Roach is being levitated by the mental waves emanating from The Wizard of Aus (a couple of fans outstretched skyreaching arms and a couple of those white noisemaker thingies kind of looks like brain waves from The Aus to Roach: "Rise young man, FLY....................")

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
  30. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

With the vids of a great comback win and Shaka's "ou sucks", this thread also belongs in the Classics section.

:hookem: