UT's next DC after Muschamp

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Brubricker, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Brubricker

Brubricker 250+ Posts

When it comes time for UT to hire its third straight DC away from Auburn it looks this will be the man. Back when AU first hired Gene Chizik he was their second choice. This guy was their first choice.

2. mudboy

mudboy 250+ Posts

They didn't mention that Mack was part of the negotiations. Looks like we got our new coach for 2010. Welcome [​IMG]

3. Mikeinthebox

Mikeinthebox 100+ Posts

Am I totally [​IMG] hoping that Muschamp will stay to succeed Brown and keep Major as his OC?

4. Laphroaig10

Laphroaig10 1,000+ Posts

Seems like I read about this before . . .

5. Matterhorn

Matterhorn 25+ Posts

Rhoads was my choice to come in to take our DC job, if Muschamp would've passed. He had that Pittsburgh defense salty.

6. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

If Auburn and Tuberville have any brains at all, they will put an exclusion clause for Texas in his contract (that will either prohibit it or stipulate a huge penalty if he leaves for Austin). They would be flat-out stupid if they didn't guard against it happening a third time.

7. jt09

jt09 500+ Posts

8. SportsICT

SportsICT 500+ Posts

This is great news. I was wondering who would be our next DC after Muschamp gets a HC job. Now Auburn (our farm team) can get busy training him up so that the transition will be smooth after Muschamp departs. [​IMG]

9. 4th&5

4th&5 1,000+ Posts

10. rickysrun

rickysrun 2,500+ Posts

11. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson 500+ Posts

Next DC will be Major. Why not? He can do it all.

12. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Did Mack give Auburn his approval to hire this guy?

13. FirstTimeLurker

FirstTimeLurker 100+ Posts

Texas will play Auburn in a bowl next year, just wait.

14. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Great, if true...it'll give Mack a chance to work up a scouting report on our next D.C.

15. Steel Shank

Steel Shank 1,000+ Posts

For a second there I thought you were talking about Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream.

16. Bruhman

Bruhman 100+ Posts

"My hynie may be a lil big, my belly may be a lil big, but brutha I am bad and dey know I'm bad"!!
    Dusty Rhodes, The American Dream