Valentine's Day Gift Ideas?

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by baylorbear245, Feb 6, 2009.

1. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

With the big day approaching, I find myself clueless on what to get the girlfriend. I'm not looking to spend just a huge amount of money (im hoping for under $50) but i dont want to just do something like flowers and chocolates. Any ideas? or should i just stick to the basic and go with flowers and chocolate? mind you i have already done a teddy bear for her in the past. Thanks!

2. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Valentine's ... what an abomination.

Soooo glad I'm now married and don't have to worry about that date anymore.

Best of luck to you.

3. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I'm married too, but have been for only like 7 mos. Do I need to get her something? And for the record, I absolutely hate this made up holiday. It's just a reason for sellers to jack up prices and make more money.

4. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

Agreed, valentine's day is a joke IMO. but still, i would really like to avoid getting put in the dog house, thats never fun...

5. Aces_Full

Aces_Full 500+ Posts

I would just take her to a nice restaurant for dinner, so at least you get something out of it too. You'll probably have to make reservations pretty soon though. I have a wedding to go to that night, so I'm off the hook as far as that's concerned. I might just get a card and a single rose or something on the cheap.

6. Beau Vine

Beau Vine 1,000+ Posts

First, you get a box.

Then, you cut a whole in the box...

7. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

yeah but what do i put in the box???? [​IMG]

this made me laugh

8. TornACL

TornACL 250+ Posts

9. Fievel121

Fievel121 2,500+ Posts

I'm still waiting for her to ask em what I want for Valentines?

Why is it guys get screwed on holidays? 1st there is this valetines day crap. Then compare Fathers day v Mothersday. I can also pretty much guarntee 90% of couples, the woman gets better presents than the man on Christmas & Birthdays.

Well, except for me and my birthday that is. Since its the beginning of Sept. I usually throw a big beginning of the season party. And really thats all I want. Beer and some freakin' football.

Okay, I feel better now.

10. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

thanks for the ideas guys but as of about 2 hours ago the relationship is over.....yeah, f**k me right?

im going out to get drunk....

11. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Overstock.com has a bunch of necklaces and such that are less that 25 bucks. I'd check there.

12. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The necklace idea is a good one. Since your timing is perfect here on when the relationship ended (a good idea is to break up with 'em before a holiday or special event and then make up after). If you are sure you don't want to be back with her for the long term, here is what you do.

You make up with her doing whatever you have to do. Tell her you have great plans. Get her a necklace, a nice big pearl necklace. Then make gorilla noises or something along those lines and dump her so that she will always think of you on Valentine's Day here on out.

You are welcome.

13. FanofBurntOrange

FanofBurntOrange 25+ Posts

Yeah, a Pearl Necklace! That's the ticket. Oh and don't forget about the free facial. Women love these! [​IMG]

14. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

15. TXHookem

TXHookem 1,000+ Posts

Just because you're married doesn't mean you can skip Valentine's Day, you know...? Not smart.

I was in Buenos Aires last week on bueinss and got my wife a necklace and bracelet.

16. vtaenz

vtaenz 500+ Posts

Massage and/or spa.

17. Rip76

Rip76 1,000+ Posts

0407, which Perry's?

18. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

Massage is a good idea!

I walked through Sears yesterday and saw they have jewelry up to 70% off. Might check that out to get something a little nicer.

19. GHoward

GHoward 2,500+ Posts

20. Smurfette

Smurfette 500+ Posts

21. Bluepies

Bluepies Guest

22. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

23. Dude

Dude 1,000+ Posts

24. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

I told Shadowdancer to not get me anything for Valentine's Day. Instead, we are going to one of those steak houses where you wear jeans and throw peanut shells on the floor because we both enjoy it. Nothing fancy for us.

It's more important to me that he acknowledge the birthday I am having the next week.

25. baylorbear245

baylorbear245 100+ Posts

26. LovinTheAtx

LovinTheAtx 250+ Posts

27. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

Texanne...are you celebrating the big 3-0? Early congratulations to you. Are you coming to the Disch on Sunday?

[​IMG]