Valentine's Day ... Ugh.

Discussion in 'Esther's Follies' started by Barton Hills, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Jive_Turkey

Jive_Turkey 1,000+ Posts

Should be interesting Thursday night at the gym. Since I'm not currently dating anybody right now, Valentine's Day is just another day for me. So I'll probably go work out on Thursday night at 24 Hour Fitness. It will probably be all dudes. No woman wants to be out in public all by herself on that night.

2. ACE

ACE 100+ Posts

3. killer b's

killer b's 25+ Posts

I told my wife that I am no long celebrating Valentine's Day. We are going to dinner and then to watch Fool's Gold. I kick *** at laying down the law! [​IMG]

4. LongIslandIceSIP

LongIslandIceSIP 500+ Posts

5. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

6. M C Orange

M C Orange 100+ Posts

orange and white..... niiiiiiiiiice [​IMG]

7. chillywillywall

chillywillywall 100+ Posts

im getting my women handcuffs

so she cant hit me when i tell her thats all i got her

8. tj11_hookem

tj11_hookem 100+ Posts

Great, I have to DVR LOST now.

9. this'll be the 4th year in a row i've taken the same chick. dinner at chuy's and a movie. last year we played putt putt and ate at chuy's.

i like cool chicks. y'all should try them

10. LITNIN HORN

LITNIN HORN 1,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

GOO...I really prefer HOT chicks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Next Monday

Next Monday 25+ Posts

12. HenryGandorf

HenryGandorf 250+ Posts

i'm late to this party, and i am not married, but a quick question about the "cash" gift. once you're married, doesn't all the money kinda get mixed together? or is there still yours and hers?

nothing says romance like her going through the bank statement in a few weeks and seeing $202.00 - ATM on the sheet. and yes, the $2 is because you were too lazy to even go to your own bank.

13. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

I went with cash, and it worked. F the haters. She was quite happy, and is going shopping with a girlfriend after work today.

My wife dominates.

And to answer your question Henry G, we have a joint account for bill/expenses, etc ... but we also have personal accounts where we put money that we spend on what we want. Easier to keep on a budget for us that way.

14. Luke Duke

Luke Duke 1,000+ Posts

My wife told me that all she wants is for me to take her for dinner at Luby's. [​IMG]

15. Barton Hills

Barton Hills 1,000+ Posts

Splurge.

Let 'er get 2 desserts.

16. mary21

mary21 100+ Posts

My husband made reservations at drury inn in downtown san antonio for the night. [​IMG]

What else would I need?

17. Mitch Cumsteen

Mitch Cumsteen 250+ Posts

18. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts