Vandy to start Tyler Ferguson vs. Texas

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Wishbonemac, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Wishbonemac

Wishbonemac 250+ Posts

This guy reports:
    The Link

Decent credentials but gives up about 2 runs every game so we should be fine!

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Smart move by Vandy. Guy is still good enough to win but holding the top pitcher to pair against our #2. Considering our inability to score runs this plays into their favor.

On the other hand we are due for one of those unexpected four run explosions!

3. Endust

Endust 500+ Posts

Has Thornhill been announced as the UT starter?

4. NBHorn7

NBHorn7 Pimp Daddy

Yes, it's Thornhill according to LHN and other sources.

5. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Not worried about pitching ANY of our 3 starters against anyone (thanks Chad). All I know is that anytime we need a few clutch innings to prevent scores or close things out I'd go straight to Duke, and Duke only. The guy is simply money. 29 innings, 1 ER is all the info needed. Not to mention highest strikeout to innings pitched ratio on team (of relevant pitchers). Curtiss has his pluses but I certainly don't trust him in these elimination games like I do Duke.

Hope Augie doesn't get cute as he tends to do when things are going well lately, and rotates away from Duke to Curtiss, or anyone else. If Duke can go, then go. it's a no-brainer if we want best chance to win this thing.

6. Vol Horn 4 Life

Here's the deal, if one isn't doing well after 3-4 innings bring the other one in. We could potentially use both in the next game too. If things don't go right we don't need to strategize our way out of the series.

7. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

8. Vol Horn 4 Life