VB Great Season

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Sidewinder07, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Sidewinder07

Sidewinder07 25+ Posts

Great season ladies! Hurry back, rest, continue to improve and stay focus. Each year you have advance in the tournament. Without a doubt, you will achieve your goal, we cheer for you when you win and we support you when you don’t.
    For the Michelle, Brandy, Alyson and Jen, it’s been a wonderful 4 years. I Thank all of you for your leadership and raising the bar. This is Texas and Texas Fights – see you next year.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Yes, we will definitely miss our outgoing seniors...it's been a great run! Overall this is a young team and they had a great season...look out in the years ahead. Great, great job ladies!

3. MikeUT00

MikeUT00 Guest

Congratulations on a wonderful 2007. Here's to an even better 2008! [​IMG]

4. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

I can't post any better than what is already been. Great season ladies. When you get this far all the teams are outstanding and anything can happen.

Best wishes to our seniors in their futures. For the rest and the new recruits coming - let's go for it again in 2008!

[​IMG]

5. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

6. Burnt Orange™

Burnt Orange™ 25+ Posts

7. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

8. UTBandGuy09

UTBandGuy09 25+ Posts

this season was the first that i really paid much attention to, but i couldn't be happier with our team, what they showed this year and the potential we have for the next year!

[​IMG]

9. WJC88

WJC88 < 25 Posts

Thank you ladies for a great season. Best wishes for Jen, Alyson, Brandy and Michelle.

10. risinghorn

risinghorn < 25 Posts

11. Little Earl

Little Earl 100+ Posts

Thanks for a fun season ladies! I really thought this team had a good shot at getting to the final four. Congrats to the seniors, and looking forward to next season.

12. UTVballfan

UTVballfan 100+ Posts

Risinghorn,

You're way off base on Ashley Engle.

She'd be an incredible setter: plenty quick enough to set. As a 6'3" lefty, she'd be a devastating attacker on the second ball and a fantastic blocker.

The freshman Michelle Kocher is 5'10". We'll have to see what kind of rotation they play. Perhaps keep them both in and let whoever is in the back row set. Then the other is available if needed to handle the 2nd ball, as Ashley did plenty of times this season when Michelle Moriarty had made a dig, or the team was otherwise out of system.

13. risinghorn

risinghorn < 25 Posts

I am a big fan of Ashley Engle but she is not quick enough to run the fast paced offense that Moriarty was able to run. Early in the season, Elliott tried to run a 6-2 with Moriarty and Engle to disastrous results. I am hoping the freshman is ready next August.

14. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Just curious but why didn't Conradt go after Haley when he finished with the US Team?

15. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

16. UTVballfan

UTVballfan 100+ Posts

Early in the season Engle was still hobbled by the ankle she sprained when playing for the national team this summer. That the injury was severe is shown by how they decided to keep her out of a number of matches so she could get healed up.

By the time she came back (Texas Tech), it was already well into the season and a tough Big XII road trip was immediately ahead. The decision was very likely made that it was too late and not the right time to break in a new offense. Nothing to do with Ashley Engle's ability to get to the ball.

17. Sidewinder07

Sidewinder07 25+ Posts

18. Texas___Fight

Texas___Fight 2,500+ Posts

Way to go ladies [​IMG]