VB Roll call for Gainesville

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by UT Horn Fan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

Who's going to Gainesville?

For those who are going, where are you sitting? Is there a block of Longhorn fans in one section? We are ordering our tix Monday.

Comparison of Gregory Gym to the O'Connell Center:
    Seating capacity:
    Gregory = 4,000
    O'Connell - 12,000

Largest crowds:
    Gregory: ~4,300
    O'Connell = 8,163

Average crowds:
    Gregory: 1,500
    O'Connell: ~3,000

We'll need to be as loud as possible. ESPN Magazine dubbed the O'Connell Center the "House of Horrors", the nation's scariest arena for opponents. Should be an awesome volleyball environment. [​IMG]

2. 1eyedjacks

1eyedjacks First Time Poster

I'll be there. Got tickets from the U of Florida website
    on the lower level - where on the lower level I have
    no idea.
    One thing to note. When our seniors were freshmen
    they went to Florida and won 3 -1. Ended something
    like a 44 game home win streak. It'll be a tough environment,
    but I like our girls attitude & swagger. They're on a
    mission and very confident. HOOK'EM

3. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

I hope we have a big turnout in Gainesville. It will definitely be a tough environment and you can't discount the importance of home court advantage, but the Horns are definitely the better squad. If they play like they have been recently they should win this match handily. I can even see them winning a close one on an off night, but no way should we lose this contest. I agree...this team is on a mission!

4. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

what days are the games again?

5. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

Ordered my tix yesterday. Ticket agent said if fans identify themselves as Texas fans, they will be seated in section I right behind the Horns' starting bench. Because they are the top seed they will always be the "home" team.

Schedule
    Friday
    Game 1: St. Johns vs. USC 4:30 ET
    Game 2: Florida vs. Texas 7:00 ET [​IMG]
    Saturday
    Game 3: Winner Game 1 vs. Winner Game 2 4:30 ET ESPNU

6. Super

Super 500+ Posts

Got my all-session tickets yesterday. Taking the kids. Leaving early Thursday a.m., lunch in New Orleans, staying in Pensacola Beach that night, driving into Gainesville Friday afternoon.

Confidence is high. [​IMG]

7. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

Present and accounted for.....SIR! Driftwood will wash up at the O'Connell center. Bringing my Texas cheering voice.

Hook 'em Horns!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Bill in Sinton

Bill in Sinton 5,000+ Posts

Hey Driftwood and you others that are going to get to go please give an extra loud cheer for us that aren't able to go.
    Go Ladies! Hook 'em!

9. daytonhorn

daytonhorn 500+ Posts

I have enough faith in our team that I booked a flight to Sacramento for Dec 13-16. The bottom section of the Cal State Sacramento arena is sold out. I am a firm believer in just showing up and getting scalped rather than buying crappy seats on the Internet. I will say no more lest I hex us.

10. Pancho Negro

Pancho Negro 250+ Posts

ugh, i have to ref both friday and saturday and it's during the times of the games.

i can DVR the final on saturday. i may need someone to provide phone updates for friday's game. [​IMG]

11. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

sounds like we have a strong contingency making their way to gainesville for the match/es. exciting! does anyone have any idea how many horns might be at the match? any gueses as to our attendance?

12. Driftwood

Driftwood 250+ Posts

There will be 40-50 hard core Texas fans there plus another 40-50 locals with UT ties cheering for Texas. When we advance to the second round, we will pick up additional Florida and 1st round loser fans.

When my team loses, I always root for the team that beat me. The farther they go, the better we look. However, I expect Texas to win 2 in Gainesville! Then we move on to Sacramento, Ca. Exciting times in UT volleyball. I love this team and want them to win it all.