Vegas Eats

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by Texex81, Jun 3, 2008.

1. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

dfw:

i was 100% underwhelmed by SW Steakhouse.

2. RabidLonghorn

RabidLonghorn 1,000+ Posts

Sorry, I am not eating anything cooked by Bobby the fake Flay or anyting with curry and candied grapefruit.

3. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

I'm going this weekend and eating at Table 10, the new Emeril restaurant at the Palazzo; Daniel Boulud at the Wynn; and Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. I'll report back next week. If I can afford a flight home. I plan on losing lots of money.

4. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

David Burke

[​IMG]

5. ghost

ghost 500+ Posts

Anyone been to Boa? I went there a few months ago and the steak wasn't all that, IMO. I would have rather been at Pappas on Westheimer.

6. iamtigerwoods

iamtigerwoods 500+ Posts

Never been to BOA. For steak, it is either Prime or Craftsteak for me.

Which just depends on the mood: Prime is similar to most dining at Bellagio, in that it is more formal. It has always been more of a place to take customers. Craftsteak is where we head when on personal trips to Vegas. The Kobe tasting menu is outstanding.

Headed to Vegas again in December and plan on trying L'atelier de Rubochon and Bar Charlie's. Have read good reviews of both on chowhound

7. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

Went this weekend to Table 10 (Emeril's new place at the Palazzo), Daniel Boulud (at the Wynn), and Prime (at Bellagio). Was totally underwhelmed by Table 10 (food was marginal, service ok), very happy with Daniel Boulud (great meal preparation, outstanding service, great view next to the waterfall and "lake"), and also liked Prime (great food, good service, ok view of the fountains --we weren't right by a window--but holy cow that place is overpriced, especially on the wine list). Will try David Burke next time I'm there.

8. KS1866

KS1866 100+ Posts

I assume there is good sushi in Vegas.... any recommendations?

9. Lidig8r

Lidig8r 250+ Posts

TexPete

CRISP AND ANGRY LOBSTER!!!!

All sorts of deliciousness...

10. Tex Pete

Tex Pete 1,000+ Posts

Absolutely. My table manners went all to hell while working that thing over. [​IMG]

11. Do The Lance Dance

Do The Lance Dance 25+ Posts

Been to BOA - steak was uneventful. Best part of the meal was the caeser's salad, made tableside.