Venezuela

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by longhrnfan, Jul 22, 2007.

1. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

Going there in 3 weeks with the girlfriend and her family (they are Venezuelan). We'll be in Caracas, and have body guards and such. Anyone have any notable things to do or see while we are there? What about places to eat? Clubs/Enertainment?

My guess is that her mom wont really let us out at night b/c guards will be staying at the house, but we may get a chance. (her grandfather owns most of the radio stations there, and they live quite comfortably).

2. hornimal

hornimal 500+ Posts

I go to caracas a lot. you spend so much time sitting in traffic and inhaling all that fume that by the time we get to wherever we are going I'm already asleep.

my suggestion, get out of caracas. take some day trips. la colonia tovar is an excellent one. go eat cachapas or pizza at el hatillo. hit up the hot dog and burger stands at calle el hambre in baruta.

if you stay in town go up el avila on the cable car. have a pork arepa and guayaba shake at el burade in la castellana. el centro san ignacio is a good place to hit up for entertainment. but I'm out of the loop as far as bars and restaurants go. we hire chefs to come to a house to cook.

have fun and don't forget to try a frescolita, chicha and a malta.

3. ScoPro

ScoPro 1,000+ Posts

Be sure to wear a "Che" T-shirt. [​IMG]

4. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Don't say anything bad about the dictator, he'll give you the boot!

5. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

6. longhrnfan

longhrnfan 500+ Posts

I'd imagine his job is very stressful. His phones are all tapped, so if there is any unrest there, they have to take extra care when they talk. I'm really excited to go though... Hopefully we'll go to Argentina after this (where her dad grew up), and then Cuba where they are originally from.