Verizon Cingular phones

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Ankf00, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Ankf00

Ankf00 250+ Posts

What do you guys have/like? Between work discount & 2 year renewal there's plenty of Cingular phones I can get at or close to no cost. Verizon's similar w/ work, but I'd be a new customer in this case.

But there's way too many phones to select from, and the Moto V505 I chose 2 years ago for Cingular sucked balls compared to my 3rd generation (don't mean 3G) Sanyo flip I had w/ Sprint. I know little about any of these phones, so help me out please. Solid reception, durability, and voice quality are most preferred, are Sanyo's still solid in that regard? How are LG's? Do Samsung's still have weaker signal reception? Thanks in advance...

2. BNB

BNB 250+ Posts

I'm happy with my Sony W800. I bought it from a place that imports them a year and a half ago. Cingular now has the W810. I almost never drop a call. Voice quality is great and loud.

It has a nice mp3 player, syncs with outlook, has a 2mp camera. An led light that is for the camera, but works great as a flashlight. It is very durable, and I dropped it in the river one time, dried it out, and it worked fine.

3. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

I am happy with my Blackjack so far, but I got rid of my razr so ANYTHING would have been a step up from that piece of ****.

4. Texas_Angel

Texas_Angel 25+ Posts

I just signed up with Verizon (thanks to ESPN Mobile shutting down this month) purely because of the LG enV phone. It's small, but has a flip-open qwerty keyboard. I had a Sidekick before and loved getting to IM and text using the full keyboard, but it was way too big. The enV is way smaller, and still has mobile web, email, games, etc. PLUS has sports content from Fox and ESPN. Not as much as ESPN Mobile (did you know I could watch college football live on that thing!?!), but still quite a bit.

If I wasn't looking for the fold-out full-qwerty keyboard feature, I would have gone with T-Mobile's Blackberry Pearl or the Blackjack.

5. hookem2102

hookem2102 250+ Posts

fwiw:
    I've used both in the past and Verizon's service/signal is much better in my experiences.

6. i'm actually lookin at dropping Cingular in January when my two year contract is up.

for the past three months i have been dropping calls. when i was reporting my card stolen my phone dropped the call. and lately i'll call someone and all i can hear is myself.

i've never been pleased with the sound quality. i have it up all the way and it's just not loud enough.

i'm looking at switching to Verizon...

but i just really like the deal i have with Cingular.

7. DCLonghorn8

DCLonghorn8 250+ Posts

I have both now. Verizon kicks Cingular's *** on coverage. This seems consistent everywhere I travel and definitely the case in the DC area. Beyond coverage, Cingular seems to have better support, more phones, better prices, etc.

The Cingular store is a nice "store." The Verizon store is like the DMV.

I have blackberry phones from both. The Verizon is the 7250 (older school black with full keyboard). The Cingular is a 7100 (slimmer silver model with the two letters per key QWERTY keyboard).

At the end of the day, of the hundreds of things a blackberry does, I need the phone to work all the time...coverage is the key, so if I had to choose, I'd go with Verizon and ***** the whole time.

I also prefer the older, uncooler blackberries with the full keyboard. If I am going to type on the thing, I want to do it quickly and the full keyboard is tons faster.

Also, the 7100 has the most crappy shielding. If the thing is within 5 feet of a TV or my PC, even in the holster, it causes severe feedback. The 7250 is quiet as a mouse (except when near a microphone).

And yes, I sport TWO belt holsters baby!

8. hornian

hornian 1,000+ Posts