Veteran of war families - Join the VFW

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BananaChipBettor, May 16, 2015.

1. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

I usually post on the sports boards and couldn't really find a general board for this post. Anyway, there is a new men's VFW auxiliary and we need new members. If you had a parent or grandparent that was active in a war, you're eligible. You can come in and drink for cheap, gamble on the slots, play poker with us and have fun with a lot of other events.

Just reply or message me, and I'll give you the contact info for the men's auxiliary president.

Thanks to all of our veterans and active duty men and women.

• Like Like x 1
  2. snek

snek 500+ Posts

Is it for the families or for vets too? Is the aux different than a VFW Post? I am a veteran and have often thought about joining one or something like it but never actually look it up or go in.

I start volunteering soon at the VA here in Austin and will spend a good amount of any free time doing that but heck, may just hit up a VFW if they play a friendly game of poker. I would like to help at other events too. Thanks and thanks for the post. I hope you get the results you seek.

3. BananaChipBettor

BananaChipBettor 100+ Posts

Hey, Snek. Again, thanks for your service. The VFW was founded to serve combat vets and the auxiliary was created so they could include their families. Here are the regular membership details:

• Like Like x 1