Video: Tom Herman Signing Day Press Conference

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Dionysus, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

2. Galvestonhorn

Galvestonhorn 250+ Posts

This guy is smooth and is a bad a--

3. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

The only thing I don't like about Herman is him saying he didn't go after anyone committed to tOSU due to his relationship with Urban Meyer....**** THAT....Your feelings toward another coach should not be larger than your obligation to put the best team you can on the field for TEXAS !!! That mindset of his has to change !!!!

4. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

I sure could have heard it wrong, but what I believe he said was (paraphrase):
    Q: When you went from tOSU to UH, you said you would not recruit the players already committed to tOSU (Meyer/Herman). Did you/why didn't you apply that logic to your move from UH to UT?
    A: When UH had no head coach, I went after their commitments; when they hired Applewhite, I only pursued their recruits when and after they would decommit. As for what I said years ago about tOSU and Meyer, I would not necessarily be bound by that in the future, as circumstances are different. (And besides, it wasn't like UH was going to take tOSU's players anyway, so it was an easy thing to say.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

I missed hearing the word "unbelievable" in today's PC, so I had to go find this....

6. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Love the substance of the presser!

My only pet peeve is that you can't hear the questions.

Either have a Portable mic for the questioners or teach coach to briefly summarize the question before he answers.

With the Money from ESPN, LHN should make pressers better for tv