Videos: Behold the Longhorn network

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Bevo Incognito, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Bevo Incognito

Bevo Incognito 5,000+ Posts

Behold the beauty of the Longhorn network. It is like a 24/7 commercial for Longhorn Sports, beaming into recruit's homes. Broken into three parts. I warn you, it is like video crack. It is in three parts.

You guys understand now why it is a game-changer?

The Link

The Link

The Link

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Good news is I got it, and I love!
    Bad news is my wife hates it, and me.

3. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

I seriously cant wait for it to get on a satellite provider so I can order it down here. [​IMG]

4. Bevo Incognito

Gotta say ... I am impressed with John Paul Floyd's accuracy.

And Ash is going to have a howitzer for an arm by the time he goes to the NFL.

5. yourlordarileus

yourlordarileus 250+ Posts

This cannot get picked up fast enough. Looks great.

6. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

7. tsquar

tsquar 250+ Posts

Thanks for the peek, Bevo!

8. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for posting [​IMG]

9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

First-rate production values on display there. Despite the protests from other programs, this really is the future of anything that has a sizable audience, not just athletics: If there's a demand, there will be content. If there's a big demand and money behind it, there will be high quality content. It's just the economics of serving a market.

I predict that within a few years everyone will look around and say 'of course Texas would have their own network, all the big programs do. They would be foolish not to capitalize on the brand.'

10. F1Longhorn

F1Longhorn 250+ Posts

I just looked and I can't get Grande....&%#*

11. horn123

horn123 500+ Posts

Thanks love it [​IMG]

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Called DirecTV...again. The company line has changed from "DirecTV has no plans to carry" to "We are currently in discussions. We’ve received a lot of phone calls about the Longhorn Network."

You guys keep calling [​IMG]

13. westexas

westexas 250+ Posts

I'm switching from suddenlink to grande tomorrow!! [​IMG]

14. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

I call twice every day and have my assistant call from the office at least once. So, three times really.

15. GabeRocksSocks

GabeRocksSocks 1,000+ Posts

LMAO Our glorious propaganda machine is beautiful. I couldn't stop watching those videos. We're gonna make mad money and rule college football with this baby.

16. RoyalMemorial

RoyalMemorial 25+ Posts

Can't get the links to work. Get a server error every time, even with trying different browsers. [​IMG]

17. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

Yeah, I just watched the first two videos, but when I clicked on the 3rd link, it showed as a server error. SERENITY NOW!!!

18. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

It works again...All is well now

19. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

I watched the practice report segment on LHN earlier today. It's strangely addictive, even though you know ESPN/LHN isn't allowed to show the team practicing new plays and that kind of stuff. Simple things like seeing J.P. Floyd doing drills with Harsin and throwing passes as the 3rd-string QB (along with McCoy and Ash), and seeing an interview with Duane Akina, are great visual snacks to tide Longhorns over until the next game.

The timing of the LHN couldn't be any better with the arrival of Harsin and Diaz (and their electrifying schemes), Wylie, Searels and Davis. (NOTE: I shudder to think of what daily interviews with GD would have been like. [​IMG]) Despite some growing pains with LHN cable distribution, and issues stemming from A&M and OU throwing hissy fits in an effort to clip the LHN's wings before it can fly too high, the Longhorn Network is and will be a game changer.

20. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

21. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

22. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

after watching 5 minutes of the first link, I'm hooked!

This is what I've been waiting for since the mid 1960s. After SC, tOSU, PSU etc sees this, they're jumping onboard, pronto. B/c of this, I'd imagine the current roadblocks conferences are putting up on us over the LHN will disappear in 12 months time......every major program is going to want this.

[​IMG]

23. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Can you get this Kool-Aid in 40 gallon drums? [​IMG]

24. Horn2Run

Horn2Run 1,000+ Posts

After watching the 1rst two links, I HAVE to have this. Thanks for posting these up, I thought this was going to be 24/7 of Fluff pieces. This is greatness. Ahmad and the other guy (?) do a good job.

My productivity at work tomorrow will be minimal. I'll be on the phone with Directv half the day [​IMG]

25. Bevo Incognito

Wait until you boys see the "All Access".

You are a fly on the wall and get a behind-the-scenes view into the whole week's preparation leading up to game day, then the game itself.

It's the best thing ever. Glad I have Grande.

26. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

Please give us more.. please please pretty please..

27. Chihorn

Chihorn 25+ Posts

drool. Why do I have to be stuck FL? Come on Direct TV!!

28. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

29. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

30. kjgirl

kjgirl 500+ Posts

I had my daily chat with Time Warner today and the lady said the LHN would be available within 2 weeks. Take it for what it's worth and I will believe it when I see it on my TV.