Violence at UC-Berkeley: The Wacko Lefties Who Make Milo Even More Famous

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Phil Elliott, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

No police presence that I can see in any of the videos of the riot last night at UC-Berkeley, which to me means the school is complicit in this squelching off free speech. Do you want more Trump, lefties? Because this is how you get more Trump:

I am in the very sad position of being happy that my son will be attending Texas Tech instead of UT in the fall as this kind of thing, IMO, is much more likely to be repeated at UT rather than TTU.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

I'm in the same boat. I've always wanted my son to go to UT and he got accepted at UT, Tech and A&M. But more and more, I'm really finding myself rethinking UT. Got a friend who was a SGM (Sergeant Major) in the Army and his kid ended up top 10%, went to UT.

He said he doesn't even recognize him now. Came from a very conservative family, strong history of service and patriotism and now he talks the liberal BS that UT is increasingly becoming known for.

Not too mention that we now have a Mack Brown Chair for Global Leadership. I love some MB, but come on. You were a good football coach...what the heck does that have to do with global leadership.?

• Like Like x 1
  3. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

Catholic schools and service academies might be the our lasts hope.

University of Chicago is also a school that has taken a strong stand supporting intellectualism and rejecting social liberalism.

4. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They come back to the fold after they go through that phase. The good news is when they've gone through a well rounded education, once they settle on the views that they've formed themselves, there is significantly more validity to those opinions. The problem with our world right now is that a majority of us only read/listen/watch opinions that validate those we already hold. It's the main reason we are so polarized as a country, in my Okie opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Sad, but we did the same thing regarding my daughter attending Texas. She visited and was accepted, but she chose a small private college. She always wanted to attend Texas, but did not like the press she has seen in the last few years. The on campus visit also saw some of the wacko demonstrations which sealed the deal. Honestly, I am glad I attended and thankful for my education, but I would not attend today if I was an entering freshman.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some Milo quotes on the Cal riot --

Asked to define what is hate speech, he says, "I don't know exactly what it is. It has been defined by political left as anything they don’t like."

"It was violent rioting last night where people were assaulted. This is political violence in response to opinion"

"That is the price you pay for being a libertarian or conservative on American college campuses."

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

from Reddit --

click to enlarge
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some are saying FBI-Civil Rights section has opened an investigation into mayor Jesse Arreguin, for inciting riots and ordering to police to stand down. He reacts by throwing the police under the bus

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

What could possibly go wrong?

10. Son of a Son

Son of a Son 1,000+ Posts

LMFAO!!!!! :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Come on, who here is Lexi A?
    I know one of you is

[​IMG]

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Looks like working for Soros may not be such a bad gig

[​IMG]

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It is pretty telling how no Democrats are willing to disavow this
    If the roles were reversed, the media would be all over Rs asking if they disavow. They did it in the election with some KKK person. But here, with actual violence in front of their eyes, they are silent

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The US media does get excited and ask questions over things like this

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another one of these last night at NYU
    11 arrested

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Robert Reich, the Labor Sect under Clinton, bless his heart, thinks the Cal riots were actually a secret plot
    Who is behind this evilness?
    Is it Soros?
    NO!!!!
    Is it Russian hackers?
    NO!!!
    Its .....
    Conservatives!
    Why did these closet conservatives leave their jobs to beat up blonde women and destroy property?
    to make liberals look bad
    The mental process of modern lefties at work here ..... text from CNN.

REICH: “It absolutely does, Don. And I want to be very, very clear. I was there for part of last night and I know what I saw. Those people were not Berkeley students. Those people were outsiders, agitators. I’ve never seen them before. There’s rumors that they actually were right-wingers. They were a part of a group that were organized and ready to create the kind of tumult and danger you saw that forced the police to cancel the event. So Donald Trump, when he says Berkeley doesn’t respect free speech rights, that’s a complete distortion of the truth. I mean, Berkeley opened its biggest auditorium to this right-wing Breitbart News character, this hateful odious person. They said, ‘Free speech is the most important thing we stand for,’ and it was these outsiders who caused the police to finally come in and have to cancel it.”

LEMON: “You think it’s a strategy by Yiannopoulos or right-wingers? They put this on in an effort to show there’s no free speech on a college campus like UC Berkeley?

REICH: “I wouldn’t bet against it, Don. Again, I saw these people. They all looked almost paramilitary. They were not from the campus. And I’ve heard — again, I don’t want to say factually, but I’ve heard there was some relationship here between these people and the right wing and the right-wing movement that is affiliated with Breitbart News.”

https://news.grabien.com/story-cnns-lemon-and-robert-reich-conservatives-masterminded-berke

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Sometimes irony burns
    No, seriously.
    It burns your nose, mouth, and eyes

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

When they say they're anti-racist.
    And when they say they're anti-fascist.
    Here is what they really mean....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

He's probably right about this part, but they are agitators paid by Soros and his ilk. The rest of his statement is pure conjecture on his part, he has nothing to back it up except his wishful thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Wow, the Antifa Squad makes the Nazis and ISIS look like a bunch of *******. The Nazis only wanted to wipe out the Jews. ISIS only wants to make Islam the dominant religion and will tolerate whites who convert.

The Antifa Squad wants to wipe out the entire white race. That would be the largest genocide in history.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Fake..again for the 2nd or 3rd time. Propaganda...sorry a meme though right?

22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have been thinking of saying this for a week or two, but now seems the right time. I never knew until recently that you are ESL.
    If I had known this from the start, I would have cut you much more slack.
    So much can be lost in words, esp translated words, esp words translated from English. All apologies.

23. Seattle Husker

That was expected.

You've been studying the Bannon, playbook.

Step 1: Post propaganda, rebranded as a "meme" to avoid the negative connotation and explicit intention.
    Step 2: When called out on the propaganda attempt to discredit the source.
    Step 3: Rinse and repeat, over and over and over.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I was apologizing to you

25. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Since most of the protestors had their faces covered how did the tiny man know they were not students? does the tiny man know all the 40,000 students?

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

it appears the Anti-fascist, fascist website was hacked and taken over. LOL

[​IMG]

27. Seattle Husker

Alternative fact?

• Like Like x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Obviously the violence of these Berkeley crackpots is inexcusable, and I hope they go to the slammer. However, Milo is an obnoxious professional agitator whose greatest weapon is the reaction of these nuts. Because of their idiocy, he'll get more speaking engagements and sell more books. If they just ignored him, he'd eventually go away.

• Like Like x 2
  29. Seattle Husker

The extremes of the political spectrum are too easy to "trigger".

• Like Like x 4
  30. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017