Visiting from U.K, best place to sit?

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by Pie hat, Apr 3, 2017.

1. Pie hat

Pie hat < 25 Posts

Hi guys. My friend and I are coming to America in September. Whilst in Austin we are planning on watching a Longhorns game (Sat 9th). Can anyone tell me where a good place to sit is please? Looking on StubHub up to about $140 we can sit in upper or lower behind the Longhorns sideline. Is this a lively place to sit in terms of atmosphere?

Thanks in advance.

2. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

First of all, AVOID stubhub, and don't pay anywhere near $140. This is a game against San Jose State, which will command prices more like $75 on "Swap Meet" on this site. If, however, you want to spend that kind of money, I am reasonably sure two of mine will be available for $100 each. This will be my 47th year in these seats, so it is more "the old farts" section than "lively". We basically ***** when things go wrong, and fall asleep when things go well. :smile1:

Student tickets are sections 25-30. Depending on your age, that is a "lively" area with lots of scenery. Normally, 31-32 are designated for visitors, but both of San Jose's fans will fit anywhere.

If you want to use a broker, I strongly recommend Ryan Girton at TicketCity in Austin. I have used Ryan for concerts, bowl games, away games, and always been pleased with the service and price. They also have a nice tailgate over on 17th or 18th & San Jacinto.

As far as how high you sit, that is personal preference. I always sit high so I can watch the defensive coverages and missed reads, Many people like to be closer to the field to see the sideline and players.

A premature "Welcome to God's Country", and hope y'all have a great experience.

:texasflag: :bevo: :hookem2:

• Like Like x 1
  3. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Hope you have a great time :hookem:. Any section should be livelier than what you're used to at University of Kentucky. :smile1:

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

@SabreHorn great post.
    Might as well get a little shuteye while things are under control!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pie hat

Pie hat < 25 Posts

Sorry guys I meant the U.K as in United Kingdom, not University of Kentucky :beertoast:

Thank you for the replies. I'm so excited about visiting Texas. I'm going to see if I can get us university tour as it looks simply breathtaking.
    I came to America about 2 years ago and watched a 49er's game, had the time of my life. you guys really do love your football don't you!

I'll have a look on the "swap meet" section a bit later thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

You could wait until Gameday or week to buy your tickets. Plenty available for this game.

7. Pie hat

Pie hat < 25 Posts

Would I definitely get some? I'd to come all that way and not be able to get any!

8. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

There will be plenty available on gameday or week for San Jose State

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Voice of experience from me and the people that own the tickets around me, family conflicts with children/grandchildren's activities will frequently cause a change of plans a week or so before a game, meaning last minute sales or unused tickets.

There are a couple of other sure-fire options that will come into play nearer to game day. At the very least, TicketCity will likely have close to a thousand tickets on Wednesday of that week. Ryan takes tickets on consignment telling the sellers "we'll try to sell them for you". Scalpers are all over outside the stadium from 19th Street to 26th Street all the way up to kickoff.

I don't know if Larry is still around, but that guy is an attorney in the MidWest, and goes to every game (home & road). He has never had season tickets, and always buys his seats the week of the game, if not gameday. He's been doing it for over 30 years.

The Oklahoma game is the only difference in that tickets are available but are pricey.

10. PecosBill

PecosBill 1,000+ Posts

Agree that tickets will be available from the brokers and my guess is that UT Tickets will have seats available also. This is not a sellout game.