VP Debate

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by UTChE96, Oct 7, 2020.

1. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

He lied about H1N1. (The US response was swift – if you were to compare it to our response to COVID, I’d call it rapid. They are significantly different. The main thing to me is the length of time that you can be asymptomatic and still contagious.)

The administration did a great job making COVID testing supplies and PPE available. (There are still shortages. People are using N-95’s WAY longer than advisable. And WAY MF longer than they were advised to do before 2020.)

Travel Restrictions. (40,000 people still got in from China. It was not a travel ban.)

President Trump and I have a plan to improve health care and protect pre-existing conditions. (They’re currently in court trying to get rid of the ACA and have offered no plan in well over 4 years that he’s been promising said plan.)

The Amy Comey Barrett event was not responsible for the white house being a super spreader site as it was outside. (There was also a portion that was indoors. Also, the number of people getting sick there will likely rival the Inaugural Herman Cain event to be held in Tulsa).

Trump took over an economy that had seen the slowest recovery since the Great Depression. (The GDP growth from Obama’s last 4 years and trump’s first 3 years is difference of .2% (2.3 to 2.5). The economy was growing the way you want it to grow – steady. And, it continued on the same general trendlines pre 1/20/17 all the way through January of this year.)

He said that Trump claims that the released public documents (taxes) where inaccurate. (The way to prove them inaccurate is to release the accurate ones like EVERY presidential candidate in the modern era have done. He owes SOMEONE $422 million with $300ish of that coming due in the next 4 years. I can’t see how you people don’t find that troubling from a “successful” businessman.)

Fracking – his current stance seems to be “no fracking on public land” and we need to migrate away from fossil fuel dependence. Seems reasonable to me.

Universal mail in voting leads to massive fraud. (History shows this to be inaccurate.)

2. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

politicians lie all the time---all of them. They say what the people in front of them want to hear. Why not?

they would be nuts not to. If they want to win and why run if they don't want to win?

The amazing thing to me is that so many people don't understand this and think their guy never lies and the other guy always does. They are half right. The contortions that true believers put their brains through while trying to understand their guy is not lying when he is in fact lying is so much fun to watch.

I sometimes have favored candidates and make a choice to vote for them in spite of the fact that I know they are not truthful. I don't have to believe everything they say to believe they are preferable to that other liar.

Not for most people on this board.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

You are missing the point. If Trump is so bad, why the need to lie? In short, we need to lie because the opponent is effective at his job.

4. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

The Obama Biden administration knew about H1N1 when there were 20 cases in the U.S. Their magic response held the subsequent number of people infected to 60.8 million. Concerning the number of deaths, Biden's Chief of Staff stated, " It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck" that the virus was not more lethal.

Under Obama, GDP per Capita grew at an average of 2.29%. In Obama's last year, the growth was 1.94%. During Trump's first three years, the growth rate was 4.06%. During Obama's 8 years, GDP Per Capita averaged $1,353.50. During Trump's first three years, the annual growth was $2,453.66.

His CURRENT stance? As shown above, he said he will eliminate fracking and drilling, time after time. He will say anything to get a vote. He has no values unless you count influence peddling to enrich his worthless son a value.

Maybe so, but events over the past two months show this to be a very real possibility.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I remember in Fall/Winter of 2009 listening to local news about kids in Houston area dying of swine flu. One died almost every day. It was like the opposite of COVID - it hit the youngest hardest.

6. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

Despite your typical, unwarranted condescending tone, Everybody knows they lie, and each chooses his favorite liar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Nearly everyday in my neighborhood, someone reports theft out of their mailboxes. People drive up and pull everything. I’m sure if they steal someone’s outgoing ballot, they will make sure they drop it off at the post office.

8. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Anyone who doesn't see the difference between mail in ballots to everyone vs absentee ballots to absentee voters and the potential for fraud is a stupid idiot.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Same here. In fact, I updated my address a month ago and I've not gotten my new card.

PEOPLE STEAL FROM MAILBOXES.

Liberals deny this.

10. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

And then there is okiesplaining

• Funny Funny x 5
  11. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

I am not saying you are wrong, but can you point to a statement made by VP Pence last night that is provable as a lie?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I'm watching now. I have beer, but I anticipate I won't have to get ****** drunk like I was last time.

13. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

20 minutes in. So far, I actually think they're both doing pretty well. She's hitting Pence hard on Covid, and he's defending himself well.

By the way, I've learned that Willie Brown's ex-mistress was born in the same hospital that I was.

14. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Harris goes downhill from here.

15. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Much better debate. I only needed two beers, so I'm sober. I think Pence won the debate. He was well-spoken, stayed on message, and took her to task on critical issues like court packing and rioting. He interrupted when he could make it count but didn't do it just for the sake of doing it. He did a good job.

However, I must admit that Willie Brown's ex-mistress did better than I thought she would. She was smug and condescending at times but far less so than Hillary was, and she didn't have any huge meltdowns like she had with Tulsi Gabbard.

I think Susan Page moderated better than Wallace did. Granted, she had an easier job, but she was also fairer with the questions.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

upload_2020-10-8_18-51-1.jpeg
    If Race Bannon is with us, who would be against us?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

Camden Pale Ale. My recommendation.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 1
  19. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

If mail-in ballots also went to China, I am ready to phone Biden to concede

21. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Because the other side wants to pack the Supreme Court. At least for me, that nullifies a hell of a lot. If I have a choice between a guy who will spit in my face and a guy who will shoot me in the head, I'll choose the guy who's going to spit in my face even if I don't enjoy it.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I like how you snuck the word "current" in there. During the primaries he said he would ban new fracking which anyone in the industry will tell you is essentially banning fracking. Not to mention that Kamala has been unequivocal in her desire to ban fracking. Given Biden's current age and mental health, I think Kamala's stance on fracking is actually more relevant.

23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Trigger Warning for somewhat off-color (but otherwise accurate) humor

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did you know Pence used to do radio?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

This is disgusting, but I saw this on Facebook and couldn't help myself.

FB_IMG_1603231369631.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  26. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

That's really, really funny!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I have been unimpressed with her contemporaneous speaking

28. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The only thing less impressive than her work as a VP candidate was her work as President candidate.

On paper she has all the ticks that the left craves. But in practice she’s terrible. She’s like the left wing version of Senator McSally, but has the media to push her along.

And if she really wanted to go far in Democrat politics on her own, she needed to marry someone besides a honky Jew. That hasn’t won her any points with the professional black groups.

Or join the republicans who don’t care about such things.

29. Monahorns

Monahorns 10,000+ Posts

Is Kamala Harris basically the Joker? Was the Joker female all these years? The hysterical, maniacal laughter is a dead give away.