vs Kansas State

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by LonghornCatholic, Jan 3, 2023.

1. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Home beat down in progress 33-49. Was hoping this wouldn’t happen, but it was in the making for a while now. We’ll see.

2. George Bailey

George Bailey No beans in my chili, thank you

KSU has to be hitting around 60%, I'd be surprised if we're hitting 30. And as good as we were at FTs Saturday, nowhere near that tonight.
    This first half has been a poor showing.

3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

K State came to play. We didn't. State playing team ball. Tx doing lots of 1 on 1 offense. Lots of one and done.. Playing slow on defense. Back door cuts have been there all game. Essentially State can do what they want.
    Definitely makings of a blowout.

4. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

like LC said, ‘Horns have been letting down on defense and getting away with it for several games.

that is where they miss Beard’s influence on the team.

the acting coach does not seem to stress defense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. George Bailey

Kinda goes to show how worthless early season rankings are. This team shouldn't be sniffing the top 15.

6. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Horns not playing defense at all.

they are allowing K State shot over 60% FG and 3 PT.

new coach needs to call Beard and ash him what to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

With Beard they would be, without him, agree

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Hope the start playing defense, they cannot shoot their way back and in following games.

9. LonghornCatholic

55-73 Official beat down. Hope we somehow get back on track but I’m not too confident.

10. TexasFight86

TexasFight86 250+ Posts

When we gave up all the points in the paint to A&M Commerce, I said - this defense won’t fly in B12 bc Carr isn’t hitting 10+ 3’s every game.

Wish we had a better plan on offense still- even with Beard.

11. George Bailey

One thing no one's mentioned...KSU's lavender unis are the ugliest things ever. Should've saved them for Easter Day.

• Like Like x 2
  12. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

K St still shooting over 60% FG and 57% from 3

got to start playing good D a again.

really miss Beard

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

AS a team:

FG: 60%
    3 Pt: 54.2%
    FT: 93.9%

WTH?

As it seems to happen so many times to the Longhorns over the years and to my Mavericks, people have out of body experiences. Nowell averages 14.5 ppg and drops 36 on us. He's a 5th year starter and average just over 30% from 3 point range. Tonight he goes 60%.

Jeez.

14. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

I thought they looked pretty.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

When the other team goes 31-33 on FT's you know it's their night. That's the one thing that has nothing to do with the defense. Yes, the defense could have been better, but every 5 years or so KSU has a player that has an all world game and goes off on Texas. For some reason it happens and for some reason it's against Texas.

They probably won't score over 90 the rest of the season.

16. George Bailey

Yes, pretty. Like my grandmother's guest towels. The towels I wasn't allowed to use.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

One of those weird January nights. They happen, put it behind you and move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

19. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

It's not just defense. These guys just came in on fire. I hate when that happens. Of course, their overall record would indicate they weren't getting any respect from the pollsters but how frustrating to see them ON THE ROAD go lights out on us. Very frustrating, especially since eight of their players were not on the K State team last year. They blended and shot like they were Stephen Curry.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Yeah, even a still-acceptable 73% (24 of 33) at least gives us a fighting chance at the end.

Also kind of seemed like we put so much mentally and physically into the OU road win we were a bit flat in this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. LonghornCatholic

Wasn’t this a home game? Now the Moody Center is of no advantage. I hope but doubt this was a one time thing. This team is in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I heard that 116 is the highest points allowed in any Big XII regulation game...ever. That'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

• Like Like x 3
  23. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

we actually outscored them from the 9 minute mark of the 1st half. Yeah it was poor defense, but a team sustaining 60% for an entire game is just absurd. Just a slow first 10 minutes. We put up 63 pts in the 2nd half and never got within 8 pts. :confused:o_O

This game was like a shoot around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Okie Lite held KSU to 36% and 33%
    Shooting

25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Crazy. We turned K State into a team full of Stephen Curry's.

26. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

TCU running K State out of the gym. TCU up 26 with 10 minutes left

27. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Tough league. There are no automatic laughers in the Big XII.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Teams put everything into beating Texas. Eventually the energy runs out and they get clobbered by someone else. They looked like a bad juco team. 19-9 turnovers and Noelle couldn't hit a 3.

As some of the Texas coaches keep saying, "we get everyone's best shot, and some of the players still don't get it".

• Like Like x 1