Walker Little

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by p_town_horn, Dec 14, 2016.

1. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

The board has gone a little quiet during the dead period. Let's remember that Walker Little is set to announce on Friday between Stanford and Texas. Little is a blue chip 5-star stud. Landing him could go a long way toward solidifying Herman's transition class and gaining momentum for other big-time recruits.

The last few predictions have gone our way but Herman started in a big hole behind Stanford

Come on Walker, stay true to your Texas roots. :bevo::hookem:

• Like Like x 4
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

3. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Little would be Big!

4. EDT

EDT 1,000+ Posts

A Little would go a long way for the Horns!:bevo:

5. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Little Big Horn?

• Like Like x 8
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

i like this more than i should lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

Any relation to former UT SID and Winters, TX alum Bill Little??

8. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Just announced he is going to be a tree.

9. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Whiff ........

but probably expected. With only 15 to give it looks like he needs to be selective, but he does need at least one big score.

• Like Like x 1
  10. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Very disappointing. We were on his very short list. TH did not seal the deal. Period. Nobody gets everybody, right? TH will get his share.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Viper,

I have great hopes that certain people on scholarship are having their class schedule rearranged to free up another 5-10 scholarships.

12. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

Not getting him was big...Would have been huge to snag that big fish...Kind of like Malik two years ago. I think we could be in trouble...6-7,5-7,5-7 doesn't look good to recruits; and we bringing in a coach who lost badly to SMU and Navy, and to Memphis is just fuel for other recruiters. Their line is," Sure he won at UH but so did Charlie at Louisville, and look who he lost to at UH. You think he is gonna do much better than Charlie ? " Not to mention the Big 12 is the weakest link in the Power 5 chain....... Heck, I'm having "WTH" concerns about the Navy and SMU losses. Add to that we aren't making any splash assistant hires either. What is a 5* 18 year old to think ?

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

1) Play for a championship

2) Television exposure

3) Playing time

Notice that quality of education isn't mentioned. Unfortunately for us, Mr Little knows that Palo Alto won't have #1 or #2, but he does know that Stanford has NEVER flunked a football player out of school, it is arguably the best education in P5, and that behind all those weeds and a clump of trees across from the stadium is Stanford Medical School.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Nalin:

After Little announced, his father Doug pulled me off to the side, and unsolicited said, "The new Texas coaches did a great job in their short time with Walker. Herman's going to be very successful there. That visit made the decision very difficult for Walker. They were very impressive. Coach Herman called me last night and asked what he could have done differently, and I said, 'nothing, you guys were great.'"

• Like Like x 5
  15. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Brings to mind some song lyrics:
    The sun ain't gonna shine anymore
    The moon ain't gonna rise in the sky
    Tears are always clouding your eyes
    The sun ain't gonna shine anymore
    When you're without love

Read more: Walker Brothers - The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore Lyrics | MetroLyrics

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  16. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Doomed!

• Like Like x 1
  17. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Car54, the soothsayer of doom in the age of bewilderment.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

Well, after landing the state's top running back, I'm way more optimistic than worried. Especially since we made a great haul in OL last year. Many of those athletes have enjoyed a redshirt season to get stronger.

• Like Like x 1
  19. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm not going chicken little. And Carter is a good get. But 6 Texas players are on the 247 Top 100 rankings. And we have 0 of them. That's not saving scholarships.

What I think, and it's no reflection on coach Herman, is that players loved Charlie. They might not have picked Texas because we weren't winning, but they liked Charlie.

This recruiting season, Herman is working from behind in multiple ways. When your family LOVES your girlfriend, and you break up for good reasons, the next girlfriend has it a little tougher, even if they're the better fit.

But I'm ok allowing him time to bake the cake. Just like Charlie.

• Like Like x 2
  20. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Car,
    I'm starting to think your off the Herman bandwagon.
    W

21. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Still a lot of scholarships to go. I see Herman and Co. working their magic and creeping up the ranking. We will see :hookem:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I thought we had a limited number of ships to offer this year. '

23. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

I think I saw the number 15... but a handful more ships may open up with the TH transition, a couple of transfers, etc.

24. car54

car54 1,000+ Posts

I like the aquisition of a kicker, the two RBs, and the TE Herman has reeled in. The issue will be, can he get a few game changers on the OL and DL. I also think we need another QB.

25. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I completely agree with this assessment, and was discussing it last night. I might narrow it down further to one game changer on the DL (I want Wilson), and a QB that's ready to play game one, just in case.

26. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

With the smaller recruiting class we must go on a basis of need. If anyone is hoping for a high ranked class it is not going to happen. Rivals rates the top 20 players and with the three stars we already have counting in the total it will be hard to crack the top 20.

• Like Like x 1
  27. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

We may not crack the top 20 but it will be due to numbers, not talent. Like another poster stated, with the recruits we landed from Baylor, we are good.

28. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

Kids always de and re-commit these days so it ain't over till it's over!

• Like Like x 2