WALLACE! WALLACE!

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by WashU-Horn, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

2. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

He looks like one of the Duke boys ...and he has the name for it.

3. BigVegasHorn26

BigVegasHorn26 250+ Posts

According to Hookem.com, Harsin already offered the kid. Almost has to mean that Case is on his way out.

4. geezerhorn

geezerhorn 1,000+ Posts

5. bishophorn

bishophorn 500+ Posts

6. horn4jc

horn4jc 1,000+ Posts

If he's aboard, this will make our QB situation much, much, better. We need to make sure that Connor Brewer only carries a clipboard and learns on the sideline. I would be more than OK with Wallace being the guy or Ash. I liked Ash's improvement in the Holiday Bowl and with more off-season work, I think he has the talent and attitude to improve significantly. But that's not a guarantee. As much moxie Case has, he has way too many limitations to be an alternative if Ash doesn't show improvement. That was exposed at the end of the 1st half and all of the 2nd half against Baylor. Also, if stories of Brad McCoy being a helicopter dad and making transfer threats are true, then Mack can shrug his shoulders and wish them via con dios amigo.

7. dalhorn1

dalhorn1 1,000+ Posts

I've seen video of him, and it seems that he checks down to his 2nd or 3rd receiver on every single pass. That alone is worthy of Harsinwhite wanting him on the 40 Acres....

8. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

The DMN is jumping into the pot with the news...

Report: JUCO QB Bo Wallace visiting Texas this weekend
    By Christian Corona / Texas Special Contributor
    ccorona4138@gmail.com | Bio
    1:40 AM on Wed., Jan. 4, 2012 | Permalink

According to Orangebloods.com, East Mississippi Community College freshman quarterback Bo Wallace intends on making an official visit to Texas Saturday. Wallace, the 2011 NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year, will visit Indiana today before flying to Waco . Following the visit at Baylor, Wallace will make his way to Austin.

Wallace broke NJCAA records for passing yards (4,604), total yards (4,810), and passing touchdowns (53) while completing 67% of his throws. The first-team NJCAA All-American and three-time NJCAA player of the week led East Mississippi Community College to a perfect 12-0 season and the school's first ever national tite. One of his teammates, 6-foot-7, 330-pound defensive tackle Brandon Moore , committed to play for the Longhorns in December.

"Texas, they're going straight to the top," Wallace told Orangebloods.com. "It's one of the biggest programs in college football. Growing up, watching Colt, VY [Vince Young], even back to Simms, I've always watched Texas when they're on TV. I like their whole program."

Mack Brown indicated the day before Texas' 21-10 win over Cal in the Holiday Bowl that the Longhorns weren't pursuing a junior college quarterback but left open the possibility of that changing.

"Recruiting is the most fluid things we do," Brown said. "We feel like that we're fine moving forward unless something changes in the situation that we have right now."

Wallace received an offer from Mississippi State Tuesday and has already taken a visit to Ole Miss . He also said that he'll make a decision soon after taking all of his official visits so he can enroll in classes by mid-January. Wallace, who won a state title at Giles County High School in Pulaski, Tenn. and redshirted at Arkansas State in 2010, has three years of eligibility left.

linky...

9. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Giving Brewer the opportunity to redshirt would be outstanding. [​IMG]

10. Jim Bob

Jim Bob 1,000+ Posts

I like the idea of two guys with experience competing for the job. I like the idea of one of them providing experienced depth. I like the increased odds of being able to redshirt Brewer. If Harsin thinks the guy is worth a ship, bring him on.

11. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

growing up watching VY?

damn I feel old

12. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

Even giving Ash the opportunity to redshirt as well would be huge!

13. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

The guy looks serious to say the least.Read that he's 6' 5", 210. Right up there with VY in stature.
    Then saw in another place, 6' 4" and 220. So not sure... here's a larger pic of the one above, and another.

Picture this guy taking snaps alongside Brown, Bergeron, Gray. From his looks, he brings some attitude that I think is needed to make this program 'get up and go.'

I also like the idea of a quarterback at Texas named "Bo" --
    This guy has the look of a serious football player, and if he gets up to speed in this system under Harsin,
    in the words of Doc from "Back to the Future"...you're gonna see some serious ****.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Burnt Orangeman

Burnt Orangeman 1,000+ Posts

Lower your flags and march straight back to Norman, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft, rape, and murder. Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

15. bazbo

bazbo 500+ Posts

1) I wonder if he has 3 yrs to play 2
    2) At the very least we need another QB on campus just to run spring practice
    3) If Wallace doesn't or can't shirt then maybe Brewer can
    4) IMO it's Ash's job to lose. Some guys on this site need to give the kid a break and recognize the progress he has made.
    5) As we are all discovering, Harsin's offense can be quite complex and we all need to be realistic on what Wallace and Brewer will be able to contribute in 2012 even though they will be here in the spring (so was Ash last year)

16. Born-2-Horn

Born-2-Horn < 25 Posts

17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

18. HornSwoggler

HornSwoggler Horn Fan

My understanding is that Wallace redshirted at Arky State and played 1 season at E. Miss CC leaving him 3 years of competition wherever he goes.

19. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

The Link

It looks like he was leaning to MSU before Harsin made a phone call. He had mentioned maybe not even going to Baylor. I just feel if we want him, we will get him.

20. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

I watched every play on the video and Wallace completed every pass. Is there a difference in not looking off your reciever and finding your receiver open and getting the ball out quick? Two times it appeared he threw to a secondary receiver.
    He set all kinds of records, won the state championship in high school and national champ in jc. Seems like he would be worth a schollie.

21. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

22. 22 HORN

22 HORN 250+ Posts

so when is he making his visit???

23. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Man, he has good mechanics. Nice to see passing where the WRs catch the ball. Our version the last couple of years looks more like a game of dodge ball in pads.

24. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

BO,

In that same vein:

Wallace to Landry Jones next RRS: "Before we let you leave, your coach must cross that field, present himself before this team, put his head between his legs, and kiss his own arse."

25. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

26. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I like the ideas of Brewer and Overstreet both redshirting, of having some QUALITY depth at QB, of Wallace coming in and immediately competing for the starting position and pushing Ash to be the best he can be.

Who knows, maybe Ash beats out Wallace. If so, then great, Ash will be better for the competition.

Wallace can only help us, imho.

27. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

///
    Exactly what caryhorn just said. Nailed it.

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If Case is transferring either Overstreet or Brewer will have to be #3 which means probably no RS in 2012.

29. WestGAHorn

WestGAHorn 500+ Posts

30. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Can #11 come too?