WBB 2019-2020 Roster Status

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by racerx5908, Oct 25, 2019.

1. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Fine. I'll start this off. If you've got updates or better information, please post here and I'll post an update of the list afterwards.
    Injuries happen all the time, so this helps us figures out who's in and who's on the bench.

Celeste Taylor - Healthy, able to play
    Sug Sutton - Being held out first couple of games, recovering from foot issue?
    Karisma Ortiz - Transfer, eligibility to play unsure
    Isabel Palmer - Being held out, recovering from surgery. Return?
    Lashann Higgs - Healthy, able to play
    Joanne Allen-Taylor - Healthy, able to play
    Jada Underwood - Healthy, able to play
    Ashlee Hannan - Not seen in person lately
    Shae Routt - MYSTERY
    Joyner Holmes - Hurt foot in practice, in boot
    Audrey Warren - Healthy, able to play
    Charli Collier - Healthy, able to play
    Sophie Taylor - Healthy, able to play. Grad transfer walk-on from Houston Baptist. Not listed on roster.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

No mystery or health issue with Shae Routt. She is scrimmaging and practicing with the 7 or so healthy players we have available. Coach Aston did announce at the pot luck dinner that Audrey Warren was being held out for the concussion protocol. She has missed some time but should be back soon though.

3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

My thing with Shae is the mystery of her recruitment and the total silence by the program when she missed all of last year.

Celeste Taylor - Healthy, able to play
    Isabel Palmer - Being held out, recovering from surgery. Return?
    Lashann Higgs - Healthy, able to play
    Joanne Allen-Taylor - Healthy, able to play
    Jada Underwood - Healthy, able to play
    Ashlee Hannan - Not seen in person lately
    Shae Routt - Healthy, able to play
    Audrey Warren - Being held out, concussion protocol
    Charli Collier - Healthy, able to play
    Sophie Taylor - Healthy, able to play. Grad transfer walk-on from Houston Baptist. Not listed on roster.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I'm wondering why Shae is listed as a soph when she didn't play last year. I guess since she enrolled in school and thus has to wait til a medical redshirt is approved?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Did you see ashlee hannan at all at the scrimmage? Or did coach Aston say anything about her

6. Jacob Johnson

Do you think isabel palmer will play this season or is her injury that serious she might just take a medical redshirt?

7. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I didn't attend the scrimmage or the pot luck. So I have no first hand information.

8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

:idk:
    Don't know. The information in my list is a summation of what others have chatted about in the 2019-2020 thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

Okay so based on the picture the womens basketball Twitter just posted I think its safe to say ashlee hannan is not at Texas. Don't want to start a rumor or speculate but every player is in the picture besides her so dont know where she is at this point

10. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

11. Jacob Johnson

Yea I was asking Ellis21d because it seemed like they attended the scrimmage

12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Can we call in the CIA or FBI or ??. Or are they involved and the reason. Certainly SOMEONE knows. It amazes me that there can be this many unknowns. Can our local journalists ask these questions?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jacob Johnson

Lol right! It should not be this much being kept from fans and the season is 2 weeks away.. We want to know who is actually on the team and who all is injured

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Coach Aston asked for questions at the end of the pot luck dinner and her first comment was that she could not answer any questions concerning Ashlee Hannan’s status.
    In my personal opinion I believe she is still in school but.....I wouldn’t or couldn’t speculate on what the problem is? I hope there is an announcement sometime in the near future and I wish the best for the young lady.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Eligibility due to transcripts, UT academic issue, homesickness, transfer portal, etc. could be some of the reasons. I Speculation is worse than reality. Realize there are “considerations” to revealing some information but this type thing has gone to almost the extreme.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jacob Johnson

Well if hannan doesn't play this season that really hurts the frontcourt as that would leave only Joyner and charli collier. If one gets in foul trouble then that's going to become a serious problem. Im glad Texas got 2 post coming in next season who look to have amazing potential from the videos I have seen from them.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

Hannan is no longer on the roster.

• poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

We’ve had a LOT of weird recruiting, player relations, etc. over the years. This one with Hannan.....at this time seems as bizarre as any. Some day.....when more comes out.....and it will......maybe not as much. A lot of false steps by a lot of folks seems the best bet to be revealed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Celeste Taylor - Playing
    Isabel Palmer - Playing
    Lashann Higgs - Playing
    Joanne Allen-Taylor - Playing
    Jada Underwood -Playing
    Shae Routt - Playing
    Audrey Warren - Being held out, concussion protocol
    Charli Collier - Playing
    Sophie Taylor - Playing

20. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  21. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

We could use some more weird recruiting now - like a serviceable front court player with immediate eligibility to appear by the end of the first semester...!:eek: Notice I am not asking for much.;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. FarawayFan

FarawayFan 25+ Posts

Thanks, that clarifies things. It seems, from what I've read here, that the injuries are hopefully short term, and the three will be playing sooner rather than later. We need them!

• Like Like x 2
  23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Well so much for that! I really didn’t expect that to happen! Thought she would ride it out and be back either sometime this season or at least next. Must have been worse than I thought. I believe she could have helped us. Sure wish her the best in whatever direction her future takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

If you listen to Karen's press conference something interesting comes out of it. She says that Kelby Jones went looking for additional players. She doesn't say it, but apparently he scanned either the whole UT population or just the incoming class and then cross-checked them against basketball experience and I'm sure, eligibility. Karen said he identified two individuals and approached them about trying out. Apparently, Sophie Taylor said yes and was busy studying the playbook the weekend before the LCU game. I'm not sure if this is good or bad news.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  26. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Sansa Stark is a Longhorn? I could see her playing the wing - get Arya for PG and we're all set. ;)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  27. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Brionne Butler. Asjia O'Neal - now she has to have basketball experience. If only it were that easy.

28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Noooooooo. Those two are our best shot at winning a national championship.

29. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Aston’s comments used injuries as a reason for depth issues. Agreed. One reason NCAA women have 15 scholarships vs 13 for men is injuries. I have no data but there sure seems more women injuries year over year for basketball. Of course coaches have to balance the player expectations of actually playing vs players wanting to come to Texas vs coaches only liking 8-9 in a rotation. Aston in the past has had one or more developmental bigs....Mide is an example. Perhaps Hannan was one of those. But a minimum of four bigs in a program is paramount. Prince’s loss hurt. And Martinez’s commitment/de-commitment was a set back. Call it bad luck, or whatever, but 2 bigs in a D1 program is a recipe for ??.

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. Jacob Johnson

Evina Westbrook's waiver request was denied so im wondering where that leaves karisma ortiz because they basically have similar situations so fingers crossed

• Agree Agree x 1