WBCA All-American Team

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Apr 1, 2022.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
  2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Scoring numbers grab the voters' attention. Any player who averages 20 points a game is going to jump to the forefront.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

And just a high level scan…..not a lot of love for point guards. Clark, Van Lith, Shelton, Harmon…..jump out at me. But most of the players are tall and high scoring. On top team they have Joens as a guard.

4. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Ashley Joens named Cheryl Miller Award winner for second straight year over the likes of Rhyne Howard and Haley Jones. ******** politics in WBB are real.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2022
  5. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

And we all know WHY......

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I'm not saying Joens isn't a great player because she definitely is. But....

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Why? I'm out of the loop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

And while we are at it... Kim Mulkey COY for improving LSU's record with a team full of fifth-year players?
    *SEC regular season champs? No.
    *SEC tournament champs? No.
    *NCAA tournament result? Thank you.
    Unlike most folks on here, I like Kim but this award is ridiculous. I can think of a handful off the top of my head I feel are far more deserving.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Who would you have given the award to? I wouldn't put VanDerVeer as she was expected to dominate the season as national defending champions. Collen maybe would have been considered had her team won the Big 12 Tournament championship and didn't exit the tourney on a whimper. I don't follow Wes Moore at NC State but sounds like he did an great job. No matter how we feel about Mulkey, she surpassed so many expectations her first year, even without a championship of any kind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Like I said.... I like Kim. Yes, they did improve and she did do a great job. But not worthy of National Coach of the Year IMO. Wes Moore is actually one of the first to come to mind more deserving, or what about the job that the interim coach at Florida did? Then there's Jeff Walz and, hell, even Vic did more than Kim with basically 1.5 starters back and all the young and new players added to the roster.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Doesn't have to be Vic, but he ought to be deep in the conversation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Wes Moore gets my vote. For a LOT of reasons

• Like Like x 2
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Here is a good article on Wes Moore from tournament. If this doesn’t work someone needs to tell me how to post a link.

Wes Is More

• Like Like x 1
  15. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

We’ll it didn’t work. If anyone is interested in reading….still need remedial training.

16. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Worked for me. Great article

17. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

Worked for me as well thanks for the share.

18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

It’s a miracle! The link worked. I would strongly encourage folks to read the article. One of the four guys in the article has given our Sunday school class an update on the last 6 trips to watch Wes and NCState in the Sweet 16 and beyond. We got the latest update today and the experiences they have always make a good introduction to a good lesson. When Aston was fired, I was one espousing the virtues of hiring Wes Moore. I am totally happy with Schaefer. But what’s not to like about WM after reading that article. Wes is one of a kind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Maybe the coach of the team who was #1 for the entire season?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's THE first who comes to mind.

• Agree Agree x 1