We need to leave this conference behind.

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LonghornDave, Oct 3, 2020.

1. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Lat week officiating was almost as bad. Just horrible and one sided. Never call holding on Ou. Just awful.

2. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think part of it in today's game is an expectation that has been created for all Texas vs. TCU games over the past 8 years. Patterson has always managed the game against us well. The refs are expected to make it look like that's continuing. I think we got a lot of the same treatment in our games against NU.

3. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m tired of this sh!t.

Time to go independent. We can get a good schedule every year, like ND.

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Leave this bs conference ASAP.

5. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

Holding on TCU.... naw let’s wave it off.
    Even the TCU lineman was expecting the hold, unreal.
    How about the TCU DB pulling Eagles bicep on that TD, I know it didn’t matter as Jake scored later... but geez.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

We should try and win it for the first time in 11 years first. Especially with how down everyone is, in a year that nicely coincides with a year we finally have an experienced lineup that has generally played for the same coach their whole career.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Yeah if we can't win it in a year like this, where OU is flailing on D and OK State doesn't look super impressive, then we might as well mail it in.

8. Gontex2

Gontex2 100+ Posts

Yo\\

I think that is what happened today. Horns mailed the effort in. Once again Out coached and TCU gave more effort. How do you leave the middle so wide open like that? Was Manny Diaz coaching again today?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Monahorns

Monahorns 5,000+ Posts

This is the height of stupid UT arrogance. Leave the conference behind? This conference kicks our ***. We don't measure up to them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. LonghornDave

That might be true if I was speaking about the teams Texas plays. I was speaking about the consistently bad officiating. Some of the calls were so bad, as they often are there should be suspensions given out to referees without pay. This has been a complaint by many teams but I bet if you listen to the games you will always hear scratching, that is the play guys questioning obviously incorrect calls. Always. If Big 12 won't fix it then leave to a conference where referees are held responsible. You are welcome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

If we did leave, we would need a guarantee Gary Patterson wouldn't follow.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  12. LonghornDave

13. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

You mean we need to leave the conference for an easier one, right?

14. erbutch

erbutch 500+ Posts

Yeah we could join the Sun Belt conference and be 7-3

15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Sounds bizarre at first, but Manny __iaz would probably out coach this bunch if we played Miami in a bowl this year. Including on __efenae.

16. LonghornDave

No

17. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

There’s not an easier conference out there. Wed be like 2-10- everywhere else. We are so freaking soft and have the mental capacity of 2 year olds. I’m freaking done. Go protest some stupid made up bs by some dumb *** professor and quit reppin the Universiry. It’s f’n disgusting how soft this team is.....

• Like Like x 1