Website hosting/development

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Hellraiser97, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hellraiser97

Hellraiser97 500+ Posts

Ok, need some suggestions. My local Exes chapter is searching for a new home to our internet site. We've been using the UT Exes hosted one, and it just isn't a good solution for us.

Obviously, finding site hosting is easy. What we need though, is some sort of content management system.

To give an idea of what we have in mind, when I got married earlier this year, my wife and I set up a website at ewedding.com. The user was able to add and delete pages (with the main template), then add and edit various entries within the pages (such as pictures, links, text, etc.) with little to no html programming. You just clicked save, it regenerated the html pages on the website, and it was up and running.

We'd like something similar to that, so that each chairperson can have their own page and update the information themselves, rather than constantly overloading our webmaster.

Any suggestions?

2. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

I've been using Joomla for a small site and am reasonably happy with it. I think it's a spinoff from Mambo.

You can demo those and a number of others at OpenSourceCMS.com. Expand the "Portals" menu at the left.