Wed: Texas Tip-Off presented by American Campus Communities

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by BabHorn, Oct 14, 2018.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Another chance to get a look at our 2018-19 WBB! :yippee: And as a bonus, we get a look see at the men's team. :smile1:
    Don't know if there will be a scrimmage but I have heard that there will be a 3pt shooting contest and, if iirc, a dunk contest. I am not sure about the dunking thing.
    Texas Tip-Off presented by American Campus Communities at Gregory Gym on October 17 - Texas Athletics
    Some details:
    Date: Wed, Oct. 17

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

This will also be broadcast on LHN on Wednesday from 6:30 to 8:00

• Like Like x 6
  3. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If the 3-pt contest is coed, I could easily see the women taking 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Danni, Chaz and Destiny).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

5. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  6. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Where was Jada Underwood? Did I just overlook her, or was she in fact missing? Maybe sick?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

I know it wasn't a true scrimmage but it was nice to see Chasity making those threes! Both Sug and Dani also hit well from BTA.

Hopefully, we will get some info about how the scrimmage went this weekend.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  9. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  10. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Chaz certainly has the ability to shoot the three well. And although its obviously going to be tough to replace the three point shooting from Brooke and Ariel, I’m hoping that we can be better shooting the three as a team. Sug’s size at the PG position should also help the team.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

You can't tell much from scrimmages like this, but if Patterson is going to shoot like that, she will need a lot of playing time. Pretty sure Danni will get a lot.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

It was nice to see the Team's.
    Look forward to the Season.
    Hookem'

• Like Like x 3
  13. Thatguy B

Thatguy B < 25 Posts

No she was not there

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thatguy B

Thatguy B < 25 Posts

Or bench is going to be good this season aborowa hoops out the gym and saw some nice foot work to the way she jumps if she could get her foot work down offensively unstoppable in my eyes she gonna play a lot great rebounding and for ms.chaz that’s a shooter glad to see LaShann hitting threes her moves around the rim bar none just finishing they need to bring this type of fun and focus to a game they will be on stoppable I know coaching goes into but if your team is scoring 80 plus a game few team that can beat you also like what coach A said in her interview that coaching has to be tougher bc we will be facing some tuff coaching this year hook’um

• Like Like x 3
  15. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

Nice writeup on the Tipoff by AAS's Brian Davis.
    #BakeShow: Westlake recruit Will Baker, UT fans get first look at Longhorns at Texas Tip-Off | Hookem.com
    Loved this quote from Dani. But Aggie won't be too happy.

• Like Like x 6
  16. geewago

geewago 100+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018