Welfare Tab for Children of Illegal Immigrants Est

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by BrothaHorn, Jan 19, 2011.

1. BrothaHorn

BrothaHorn 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

2. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

"It's for the children"

3. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I'd be interested in seeing how much illegals contribute in sales tax and other revenues. I'd think that at Walmart alone, we'd see quite a spike.

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

what is interesting is that this is only 1 county. screw sales tax. sales tax isnt much of anything. i say they should have a high VAT tax and lower the income tax so more people contribute.

5. OrngNugz

OrngNugz 500+ Posts

6. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

orng
    "What is this guy on crack or something, he implies they only came here for social services. I call bull **** on that one."

This could be exactly right. The frequent phrase we hear is " for a better life".Many consider getting free stuff from the gov't a better life than working hard and sacrificing to make a better life.
    Perhaps there is a study showing how many illegal parents of USA born children do not take any social services and or how many legal immigrants do not take any social services.

If this one county will spend 600 million in one year on children of legal and illegals and if that only represents a few of the legals and illegals one wonders what the total is.

Those who want a return to days when we didn't monitor people coming here need to remember we didn't give them a free life when they got here. They had to work and work hard with many sacrifices.

7. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

Those who want a return to days when we didn't monitor people coming here need to remember we didn't give them a free life when they got here. They had to work and work hard with many sacrifices.

This point never gets brought up when you hear the cries that we are a nation of immigrants and everyone is welcome. Yes, my parents are immigrants too, early colonists. Nobody sent them checks in the mail or set up special language schools for them, or provided free transportation or free hospital care, free food, free housing, etc.

8. Ag with kids

Ag with kids 2,500+ Posts

9. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

10. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

11. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

Did his report indicate how much they contribute to social security?

12. FridayNiteLites

FridayNiteLites 500+ Posts

Illegal immigrants contribute next to nothing as far as property taxes in communities. Those are the taxes that go to the schools of which they receive the most services from.

13. majorwhiteapples

majorwhiteapples 5,000+ Posts

Illegal immigrants take more than they give period.

They are not essential to this country's economy.

If there were none or the border was secured; the market would correct the situation.

If the cheap labor was not so readily available, the price of those jobs would rise. The threshold of people not wanting those jobs would lower, the free market would find a balance.

I am finding it comical that Liberals point to JFK as next to Jesus Christ himself and they fail to understand his greatest message......

Ask not what your country can do for you, but.......

Illegal immigrants are nothing but takers and give little to nothing back. No property taxes, nothing to the intellectual advancement, some sales taxes, SS benefits yea right.

Riddle me this Batman, How many illegal immigrants are in this country, my nieces and nephews had a nanny who taught them Spanish, not saying that she was illegal, but she received cash, not a check, how much SS did she contribute?

She cleared $25K a year. She paid no FICA, SS taxes and in that state no Income tax. Yet, I stood in line behind her in the local grocery store one day and guess how she paid for the food? Just guess, please guess? A Welfare Debit card. Then she pulled out, in Texas it is called WIC, I can't remember what it was called in Arizona, to pay for the Milk and other dairy products.

This lady between my brother and government was netting over $35K a year without paying a dime to the government.

There is a fundamental government welfare problem in this country and it needs to be addressed.

In my opinion it starts with shutting down illegal immigration.

14. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

Did his report indicate how much they contribute to social security?

15. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

16. Satchel

Satchel 2,500+ Posts

What American business wants, American business gets.

17. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Yo, I don't read that quote as an indication that they are lazy necessarily. Just because they may or may not have moved here to get on social services doesn't mean they didn't also intend to work. I know it's heresay to suggest that our health care system is better than other countries', but I'm gonna guess they get better health care here.

But back to the point - why does it matter whether they're lazy or hard-working? If they're hard-working, then they're allowed to break the law? If they're hard-working, then it doesn't matter how much they cost? The question has nothing to do with the work ethic of people who come here illegally.

18. Namewithheld

Namewithheld 2,500+ Posts

Yo,

What about those that coming across the border to US hospitals and drop an anchor baby? Yeah they don't come here for social services? [​IMG]

19. MaduroUTMB

MaduroUTMB 2,500+ Posts

20. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Satchel
    You asked, twice, "Did his report indicate how much they contribute to social security? "

That is a fair question and I didn't see the amount in the article.However we know the average amount spent on educating each child is USA is roughly 9k a year( Calif spends nearly 14k)

So Satch how much would an illegal have to make to cover with SS that 9k? That is for EACH student a year and does not include the free meals and for sure not free emergency room visits or free medical treatment or anything else.
    As far as I know there are no hard stats on how many children each illegal family has so using the national average for all families of 2 that means just in student expenditure alone that is 18k per year.

So Satch how much would an illegal ( or even a 2 parent family ) have to make to contribute enough in SS to cover the student expenditure?
    for every child one( or 2) illegals would have to 1. be using a fake SS# and2, earn approx $80,000 every year.SS % is 12.4% of gross income
    if they have the national average of 2 kids that means having to earn approx $160,000.00 every year.

i don't think we cann say that what some illegals ( who are committing the crime of using fake or stolen SS#) might pay into SS covers the cost of educationg a child in public school.

This is ONLY addressing the issue of whether what illegals might pay into SS covers what the taxpayer spends educating illegal children.

21. texascoder

texascoder 1,000+ Posts

I have a really basic question... How do illegals sign up for welfare? Doesn't a person have to show that they are a citizen or are at least in the country legally in order to receive welfare benefits/foodstamps, etc.? If not, then why not?

22. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yes everyone has to "sign up" for most welfare benefits. If someone has a fake SS# they could sign up for gov't benefits andf ONLY if the gov't ( city state or fed) actually verified the SS. In addition you usually have to show some picture ID like driver's license.

I don't think in general large numbers of illegals who are using a fake SS sign up for benefits.
    This is different from the Op which is how much illegal children cost. Children are not asked for a bc to enroll in school, just that they live in the district.
    Oh and they are asked for immunization records but imminizations are given free,

And this is also different from the benefits that go to a child born in USA including WIC for both baby( through age 5) and Mother . A baby also qualifies for public housing.