Well congrats to Tech

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Valmy77, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Valmy77

Valmy77 1,000+ Posts

They were definitely not the same old Raiders. Good job guys that was one hell of a game.

But yes I am sick the way it ended.

2. Esmack

Esmack 250+ Posts

Yes, Tech deserved it...they played harder and took advantage of what they were given.

Tech's time to shine is now with Harrell graduating and Crabtree going pro (given), they'd better get it while they can.

Same ole Tech comes back next year...Enjoy your time in the sun while you can red raiders...it doesn't last.

This team will not beat OU though...

3. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

Yup, I second that. Congrats to the Red Raiders. They definitely made the plays, while the Longhorns were never running on all cylinders (except for the last TD drive of the 4th quarter).

Before the season started, almost everyone expected us to drop one and we finally did. If we can win out, there is still a chance of playing in the B12 championship game and/or getting an at-large BCS berth. Still a lot of football left to be played.

4. nra1775

nra1775 250+ Posts

Yeah I agree, Tech clearly WON this game. I was shocked at how poorly our O-line played in the beginning.

Tech came out strong and pushed around our offensive line. They held the ball in the first half. The first half was nothing less than a one sided butt kicking.

That was by far the most physical TT defense I have seen.

Our defense played fairly well but we just have way too many inexperienced players in the back field. Would be nice if some of them were taller than 5'8"

[​IMG]

5. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

Well said, Valmy. Hats off to Tech. The Red Raiders played better and deserved the win.

Hate to lose and hate to see Leach's ridiculous gamble at the end pay off like that.

6. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Agree--hats off to Tech. We had our chances, but we didn't make the plays (and yes, we didn't manage the clock), and in the end they made the big play to pull it out at the end.

Could still be a wild close to the conference season with Tech, OSU, and OU having to play each other. The 'Horns just need to take care of their own business and hope things fall their way.

7. Soviet Union

Soviet Union 500+ Posts

what a game

Congrats to Texas Tech. They're for real this year.

Who goes to the Big 12 title game if Oklahoma beats Texas Tech and Texas, Oklahoma, and TT all have the same record and 1-1 vs each other?

8. toucan82

toucan82 1,000+ Posts

good luck the rest of the way
    [​IMG]

9. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

10. ferrariparty

ferrariparty 250+ Posts

Exactly. Congrats Tech you were the better team. The thing that pisses me off most is that they got the TD at the end. I wouldnt be as pissed if we would have tackled them and they came on and kicked the field goal for the win. But we gave up the TD and I am a lot more pissed about the way it ended than i would have if it ended on a FG.