Well I see the wolves of PC.............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Jul 22, 2020.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• poop poop x 4
  2. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Anything/anyone in the South with roots back to the 1850s is going to have what the yankees among us will call racist.

3. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Louisiana,

Is Herman Beebe still alive?

Should I watch for the black Lincoln speeding down I-10 toward the 830 exit?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SlothHorn

SlothHorn 25+ Posts

Mark Ballard seems like a little *****.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Saber, the Bank Herminator took the last exit off that big freeway called life in 2015 me thinks.

6. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. n64ra

n64ra 1,000+ Posts

Should LSU students be asked to enter a library bearing the name of someone who fought enslavement from Central Powers AND Axis Powers?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Texas My Texas

Texas My Texas 25+ Posts

Not much will be left standing if the Radical Left gets its way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

States in the Old South may be called upon to change the state name because the current name is associated with the former Confederate States of America. Don't laugh or scoff, someone will suggest or call for consideration of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  10. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

It's an interesting thought about what it might mean if the names were actually Confederate in nature. Everything from Tennessee/Alabama and to the west is Native American etymology, typically referring to nature or, in the case of Texas, how the Spanish felt about the Caddo. Florida is just a Spanish word. It's the Georgia/Carolinas/Virginia where you'd start to get some more arguments.

George II: not a horrible King, but not great either, and the British definitely "used" the colony in kind of an indentured way.

Charles II: Restoration made Brits feel warm and fuzzy, but he might be solely responsible for the increased tobacco and indigo trade. I could see this one being the most problematic in terms of slavery and how the British colonies became profitable during that era in which they were named.

Elizabeth I: meh... she was dead before Jamestown even happened, and probably off her rocker by the time the English even considered the New World a viable option to gain hege against the Spanish.

11. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

Charles II was responsible for my relatives re locating first to Barbados and then to the colonies. They were with Cromwell's army and had a part in detaching Charles's head from his torso so they got to leave as opposed to being drawn and quartered.

I don't know whether I should denounce his namesake state or be grateful. One of my later relatives allegedly made a lot of money as a slave auctioneer in Charleston so I don't know what to think.

Except that I am glad that pack of Baptists picked up and scooted over here and met my German branch.