We'll miss you, Loree

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Jive_Turkey, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Haxxxter

Haxxxter 100+ Posts

I am in the camp that never met her but I cannot express how sad I feel. I wish her family the best. I'm sure she is representin' the Burnt Orange at the tailgate party in the sky.

[​IMG]

2. idigTexas

idigTexas 1,000+ Posts

3. KISS

KISS < 25 Posts

Prayers going up. She will be missed.

4. i got the news down in corpus before i went out on a fishing trip. i'm very saddened and mad at the same time. my thoughts and prayers are with her three boys, her family and friends. it's just a shame someone would go this way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mel

5. dahorns

dahorns 250+ Posts

wow... just saw this,
    RIP Melanie, and peace to your family

6. BrntOrngBld

BrntOrngBld 25+ Posts

I too knew her only here, but respected her wisdom immensely. I am so proud of the posts here and am so very saddened by this all at the same time.

I will pray diligently for her survived family and friends.

Heaven just got an angel back.

Godspeed to all those grieving,

[​IMG]

7. hornfan2181

hornfan2181 25+ Posts

RIP Loree. I started playing poker with her about 2months ago and she was just a wonderful person. I am very gald that I got to meet her. Best wishes to her family[​IMG]

8. mez2

mez2 100+ Posts

wow, this is a major shock. I never met here either, but I do remember her posts and respecting everything that she said. it kinda does feel like some friend that you have known your whole life has passed away. it's really not the same feeling anymore, knowing that someone isnt there anymore. i will always remember her sig with the little guy from family guy doing a little dance, seeing that sig made me laugh everytime i saw it...[​IMG]

9. ouflak

ouflak First Time Poster

10. BurntOrangeOrder

BurntOrangeOrder 100+ Posts

The Eyes of Texas are upon you, Melanie.

11. PonyExpress83

PonyExpress83 First Time Poster

Hey folks, haven't posted in years... but I figured I had to come on say something at this point... I knew Melanie through LonghornFan68 and smurfette... which is also the reason I might know any of you... anyhow I just wanted to put to photos up... while the Thanksgiving phot isn't the greatest, there we all our at the table. Our swiss friend Adrian is taking the picture (it was his first thanksgiving).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That second picture was us on the town after the Orange and White game (yeah that's me sporting my SMU pride).

Cheers Melanie... and here's one more:

[​IMG]

She's the hotter of the two Catholic School Girls. (This was a poorly thought out costume choice on my part.)

I'll miss you Melanie...

-Thaddeus

12. D_Wreck11

D_Wreck11 250+ Posts

I always thought if we ended up moving back to Corpus that at least I'd "know" one Hornfan who lives there. And by "know", I just mean via this site. Sad. [​IMG][​IMG]

13. gobears92

gobears92 Guest

I am still shocked, saddened and upset....prayers, prayers, prayers....[​IMG]

14. szechuan sage

szechuan sage 100+ Posts

i may not have agreed with everything she said, but i respected everything that was on her mind. she had a strong mind, a strong voice.

i met her once at a tailgate, but still, this whole internet thing really makes the world smaller.

15. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

[​IMG] I'm another she touched via the internet. Prayers to her family.

16. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

I never met Loree/Melanie but we did exchange a couple of PMs a couple years ago about divorce/relationships. Her words were simple & brief, but they were very genuine & devoid of any of the cyber-attitude & posturing that is so common.

I wish I had met her in person. May she drift peacefully forever.

17. wooderson72

wooderson72 25+ Posts

Wow. Really, really sad news out of nowhere. Prayers to her family and friends.

18. The_Ex

The_Ex First Time Poster

This is the last photo I have of Melanie. I took this during a motorcycle ride we took on March 26th to Willow City Loop. We started to just get breakfast in Marble Falls and didn't want to stop riding. We had stopped near the top of The Loop and were looking at the valley and the hills. She walked off to get another view and just kept saying how beautiful it was. What she did not realize was the reason it was beautiful was because that is how SHE saw it. She just stood there for about 10 minutes staring. This is how I will remember her. Enjoying the simple things in life.

You were right Hon......The best things in life aren't things.

[​IMG]

19. joey

joey < 25 Posts

Never met her in person but, my heart is actually
    aching right now. I will miss her.

Prayers to the family.

20. flaco

flaco 500+ Posts

[​IMG][​IMG]

Damn. RIP Loree

21. h0rnfan4life

h0rnfan4life 25+ Posts

My sincere condolences to her family.... She made me smile on too many occasions to recount. You could tell she was an opinionated, funny, intelligent, strong woman.. and she will obviously be missed by so many.

Final Hook Em to Loree

22. Soul Glo

Soul Glo 25+ Posts

wow...I am very very sorry to hear about this.

RIP Loree. By all accounts a wonderful person.

23. HornStampede

HornStampede < 25 Posts

it's so rare to meet someone like Melanie who had such much confidence in her opinions and wisdom there was no middle ground. i'm just thankful i was able to share some moment in time with her, however brief it was. i am thankful for having the opportunity to meet her in person and admired her staunch communication style on so many levels as i watched this unpretentious lady unselfishly share her gift of expressing uncensored thoughts to the world time and time again... thoughts of her are so refreshing.... so uplifting.... and now, so sad.... i miss her too.... the eyes of Texas will cry an orange tear for Melanie/Loree... [​IMG]

24. Canton

Canton < 25 Posts

Such a beautiful girl..................................

25. lostman

lostman 500+ Posts

I always enjoyed reading her posts, usually pretty straighforward with a huge portion of wit thrown in. I am thinking right now, that she is at peace, sitting somewhere trading stories and quips with another "life observer" I enjoy reading - Erma Bombeck. Never met Loree, but sure felt like I had known her all my life.

Prayers for her sons, her family, and for her peace finally.

26. Cancer Man

Cancer Man Guest

I'm not sure how long this has been stickied but I just saw it. I'm floored.

I didn't know her personally but have read and enjoyed many of her posts on these boards.

Prayers.

27. longhorn_nation

longhorn_nation 25+ Posts

I just found out and am truly saddened by this. I too only knew her thru hornsfans, as I never met her in person. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

No offense to any of the other women on the board, but she was the "mother" of the board. Always adding insight, life experiences, and comedy to the board. The new "mother" has a lot to live up to, as Loree set the bar so so high.

She will be missed. [​IMG]

At the right time, any info on this tragedy would be greatly appreciated. This really sucks. God bless!

28. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

Like many others here, I am still stunned about this. I never met her in person, but she, like others here have become a part of a family.

29. irishtexan

irishtexan 100+ Posts

I almost never post on an of the boards, but I've been lurking nearly every day for the last four years or so. I, like the rest of you, am in shock. May the road rise up to meet you, Melanie. god speed and hook em horns.

30. TexTenn

TexTenn 25+ Posts

R.I.P. Loree..... I always used to see her post on the poker threads....R.I.P. ...this sucks !! [​IMG]