We'll miss you, Loree

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests' started by Jive_Turkey, Apr 7, 2006.

1. ChazUTX

ChazUTX 250+ Posts

Wow! I too never met Loree however I felt like I knew her through the boards. She was always a highly respected person and opinion on here.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family.

2. LagoHorn

LagoHorn 250+ Posts

I've been saddened since I heard the news.

[​IMG]RIP[​IMG]

3. Jag Heter

Jag Heter 25+ Posts

oh man... this is so sad!!! my heart goes out to the family...

4. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay 500+ Posts

I've been out of town and busy and I didn't see this thread until this morning. Even though I never met her in person, this news hit me like a ton of bricks.

There are handful of posters on this board whose posts I will stop and read no matter what -- even if I'm just skimming through a thread. Loree was one of those. I always enjoyed her wit, humor and insight. I wish I could've met her.

Her family and friends are in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Loree

[​IMG]

5. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

She looks like Jennifer Anniston in that last pic. Not trying to make light of things just an observation....

6. VYFan

VYFan 2,500+ Posts

Very sorry to hear of this loss. Hard to keep fully in mind that all the hornfans are real people, but when they're gone, it's a shock.

7. HornStuckInTyler

HornStuckInTyler < 25 Posts

As an extremely longtime lurker on all Longhorn message boards I felt compelled to finally register and post. I really enjoyed reading Loree's posts on the 3:16 Board. Although I don't know her, she really seemed to have a great sense of humor and outlook on life. It is very strange and sad to finally put a face to the name and yet know she is no longer with us. I need more people like that in my painfully dull life. My prayers go out to her family and friends.

8. IheartLA

IheartLA < 25 Posts

Very sad. I've been struggling with this since I found out last week.

I'll miss her. [​IMG]

9. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

Way too young, way too sad.
    Thank God for sharing her with us, if only for a short time.
    Prayers and condolences to her family and to her Longhorn family too.
    R.I.P.

10. UofTOrange

UofTOrange 250+ Posts

I only got to meet her once, but she really helped me through my divorce and some subsequent things. She will be greatly missed

11. Tank

Tank 100+ Posts

Via Con Dios

I am truely saddened by this.

12. HornStar

HornStar 100+ Posts

R.I.P. Loree. You are missed by more than you know, including a very saddened HornStar.

Prayers to her family and all touched by her.

13. washparkhorn

washparkhorn 2,500+ Posts

Rest in peace, Loree.

14. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

What a shock...I have not been on here in a while. Knew her from my Corpus time having met her in here...Life is so fragile...

God Bless you & your family Melanie. We miss you!

Hook 'Em

15. TheRealBizHorn

TheRealBizHorn 25+ Posts

I've been at a loss for words and haven't known what to say. I'm so sad to see you go. It won't be the same here without you.

Prayers for your family.

16. ackhorn

ackhorn 25+ Posts

My god. Leave town for a little while, come back to find out this.

I can only repeat what others have already said.

Godspeed, my friend. You leave a hole in many hearts, and we'll miss you, kid.

Hook 'Em.

17. UTGal

UTGal 100+ Posts

I often think about the meaning of life and why we are here...
    and I always come up with one answer: to make a difference in the lives of the people we touch - Our family, friends and strangers on the street (or posters on Hornfans) .

You certainly have made a difference in our lives Loree and we thank you.

My thoughts are with her family...

18. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Wow, I have been absent around HF a lot lately and just saw this post about Loree - I am shocked and saddened upon learning of her passing. I didn't know her, but I feel like I did as she was one of the Hornfans family and I read her posts many times[​IMG]

My deepest sympathy to her boys & family. RIP - We will miss you Loree![​IMG]

19. Mesohorny

Mesohorny 1,000+ Posts

I also just saw this sad news because I seldom come to 3:16. I wasn't a real close friend, but we had talked over BBQ and beers at past tailgates, and Loree was always a friendly, out-going person. Her wit, compassion, and sincerity - as shown in her posts on Hornfans - will be missed.

[​IMG]

20. Squirrel

Squirrel 100+ Posts

I don't post over here much anymore, for obvious reasons, but I heard the news and wanted to pay my respect.

Rest in peace, Loree. You will be missed.

21. HornHawk

HornHawk 250+ Posts

Crap. How can you go away a week and come back to something like this? This is horrible.

Like others have said, we never met, but she would always have some great responses to posts, and inevitably would make anything I posted look lame in comparison. She was funny and beautiful and a sweet spirit. She and I PM'd a couple of times on some things and you just knew she was as about as sincere as anyone comes.

Is there a place that contributions can be made in her memory that she would have supported?

22. Canton

Canton < 25 Posts

23. jmtamu

jmtamu 250+ Posts

24. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

still stunned about this. [​IMG]

25. Rimbo_RIP_Loree

Rimbo_RIP_Loree First Time Poster

I swore I'd never come back here, but sometimes you have to make exceptions.

I just heard the news. It's hard not to make a scene at work.

Nevermind, make that impossible.

Rest in peace, Melanie.

26. LonghornLib

LonghornLib < 25 Posts

Most sincere sympathies to her family. Thanks for making Hornfans a better place. R.I.P. [​IMG]

27. Carr_Throws_Far

Carr_Throws_Far 25+ Posts

I have been gone for a while, and never expected to find this when I returned.

Though, like many, I never met Loree in person, I can tell you that I loved her responses and comments around here. While a lot of what I could do or say would shock many, to Loree, they never did. No matter how crazy a Carr post was, she always managed to either spin it back on me or find a way to make me laugh at myself.

I will miss her, but I know heaven is a lot better place because she is there.

28. triplehorn

triplehorn 2,500+ Posts

I am deeply saddened by this news. My girlfriend saw this last night and told me. I hadn't checked other boards for a few weeks until now.

It's upsetting for me to hear about any loss of someone who is a part of this community, but it's incredibly uplifting to witness the outpouring of support and love for Loree shown here.

29. TexTenn

TexTenn 25+ Posts

I used to see her post on the poker threads and on 3:16 posts....she always seem to bring reason to post's ,especially 3:16 post's...it saddens me greatly that she has passed....I was never lucky enough to make it to a hornfans tail-gate party...but I know if I were she woulda made me feel like i had been to a thousand of them... R.I.P. Loree.

30. Olhorn

Olhorn 100+ Posts

Yes, I too miss Lorre very much and my prayers are for her family. A sister who is heart broken as well as Mom and Dad and the step children.