Well, that didn't take too long...

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by George Bailey, Jan 12, 2021.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Perhaps if and when Smith learns to read the defense, run the correct routes, catch the damn ball, and not get knocked off at the line of scrimmage

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

3. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

:popcorn: ... watching intently

4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

If that is indeed true, it is still pretty crappy of Armani to rush to be the first with news that Quinn should be telling on his own.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I too think everyone needs to put the brakes on Casey Thompson. He lucked out and didnt get intercepted 2 times in the CU game that against OU would have gone the other way. He did throw some nice deep passes but this is our only view of his play. And Colorado was just not a quality team. The biggest gripe I always had with TH offense was the QB never seemed to read the d like Colt did and adjust the plays. Perhaps he was and it just wasnt obvious but as much as we all hated Greg Davis and the sideways pass, Davis was a very good QB coach. Ok, let the hate roll in!!!

6. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Good points but no longer valid with Sark onboard.

7. Orangeyman

Orangeyman 100+ Posts

Correct. I suspect the Broyles award winning coach widely known as a quarterback whisper and offensive genius- is probably capable of assessing the strengths and weaknesses of his quarterbacks.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I'd like to see Whittington play 2 consecutive series without getting hurt.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. HoffHorn

HoffHorn 500+ Posts

Thompson and Ewers are intriguing topics but I’ll just say Hudson Card is coming!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Every QB almost or do throw an interception in every game and besides, I think Moore gave up on the play. There is a lot more evidence that he is a good QB rather than a poor one. When Thompson came in at the beginning of the third quarter Texas was only up 10 points so Colorado still felt they were very much in it. I know you don't want to get your hopes up and be disappointed with Thompson if doesn't turn out to be good. But have faith my friend.
    Another thing that I like about Thompson is that he is a sharp individual and as such he will apply himself as a student of the game.
    Quinn Ewers completed 44% of his passes in his last game that's piss poor maybe he's not as good as Thompson.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021