Well, that game certainly did not hurt our recruiting

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Sep 16, 2018.

1. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Amen; and then Texas made the same mistake on the Herman hire. Herman is OJT now, and very well may end up as a top level Power 5 coach someday. We will know in 18 months or so if that will be at Texas.

2. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

OJT?

3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

On the Job Training....oohhh ok bravo sierra.

4. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Got to be able to put together a staff and manage the game. Some good staff hires both on the field and player development. However at least 2 on offense are in way over their heads. Herman has made more bad decisions in the first 3 games this season than Saban has made in total over the past 3 seasons combined. And yes Saban is the yardstick.
    If Herman doesn't win 8 this year and 10 next season the same people who got rid of Patterson and Strong are going to get rid of Herman (rightly or wrongly).

5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That would be OTJ training.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not anywhere in the free world. It is now, and forever has been "OJT" for "On the Job Training"

:tap:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Or... what kind of training? OTJ

On the job

That’s what I am familiar with so it must be right :catfight:

• Like Like x 1
  8. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Exactly, WorsterMan. Alabama can probably pick their score and margin of victory. I'm not sure any team can compete with Bama this year - maybe Georgia, but not sure.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Ags are going to lose to Bama, it's a given and no one will be surprised.
    The turning point is going to be LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St and Auburn. They could lose 3 of the 4 and then there is a pretty good USCe team that is a toss up game as well.
    I think they end up with 7 wins for the year, their ceiling is 9 and floor is 6.

10. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Well, they took Clemson to the wire, so really that was a W.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Any truth to the rumor that the Aggies are asking for Dabo's NC trophy for their trophy room?

• Like Like x 1
  12. horninchicago

You are the inside man who knows all these people. I will defer to you, but probably so. :hookem2:

13. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HiC,
    Hardly, but thank you. I'm trying to figure out why Jimbo is renting a house. Is it because he's not sure how long he'll be there, or because Adams won't sell him a lot in a lot in Miramont? I vote for the latter.

For that matter has Johnny Tyson invited Chad Morris to buy a lot in The Pinnacle? If so, he may have bought it back during church service Sunday morning.

14. horninchicago

I want to meet you when I get down there for a game. You sound you like have a lot of great stories. Grew up with Greg Davis, etc.

15. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

HiC,

Did you say you were a commercial pilot?

16. horninchicago

Yessir. Can't seem to get an Austin overnight but I will be in San Antonio again this Saturday.

17. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ever get to Houston?

18. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

I am curious HIC, I work for the railroad and based on my seniority is how my jobs are determined. For example, I work in San Antonio and we either go to Temple or Eagle Pass, work a yard job, or work the extra board (this board covers any job that becomes vacant from someone laying off or any unscheduled job that pops up).
    I have to bump to a job based on whether or not my seniority number can hold that spot. Does the airline pilot spots work the same way?

19. horninchicago

We have a lot of flexibility and can drop and swap trips based on seniority.