Well we lost another ...............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Jan 1, 2022.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Like Like x 1
  2. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Dan Reeves, another one I remember fondly. RIP

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Growing up around the Cowboys practice facility, I'd see a bunch of players and coaches at restaurants and stores in the 70s, school events, etc. Coach Reeves was always a stern, but kind persona.

4. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

When I was growing up, I got his autograph and quite a few others from Cowboys in the 60's and 70's. Still have them. Not an autograph hound now but I do appreciate them.

New car dealerships would bring in 2 - 3 players for autographs. I wasn't sure who was more excited, the kids or the adults.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

The first Cowboys game I ever watched on television was the Ice Bowl - I was 10 years old. I watched pretty much every Cowboys game after that until the current owner bought the team. Dan Reeves was one of my favorites then, and throughout his playing & coaching career. RIP. Also, love this photo of him & Meredith.

6. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

remember Reeves saying his face started bleeding after the ICE bowl in locker room.........his plastic facemask had shattered on a play and shards of plastic had lodged in his face but it was too cold to notice till his face thawed out!

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Sad.... RIP player and coach Reeves.

Suspect dementia was a cumulative effect of helmet blows.