WE’RE 6-2 NOW BUT....,

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zuckercanyon, Oct 27, 2018.

1. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Who really thought we’d be 6-2 after 8 games? MoonDog, need your help, brother! Can we win out? 3-1? 2-2? I won’t accept 1-3 or 0-4....

2. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

I responded here already.

I’m still ok.

"We needed to play better defense.
    That was disappointing.
    I was in a poker tournament so couldn't watch the entire game.
    We are 6-2.
    We can still win the conference.
    We were not going to be in the playoffs this year.
    Plenty of football left.
    Let's see how they rebound at home against WVU."

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I thought we would be undefeated headed into wvu about to take our 1st loss. Wvu has the only returning qb in the league that people had an eye out for. No knock on Murray I knew he would be great as well but him having that multimillion dollar baseball deal will cause him to make some business choices on the field and will cost them another game. In fact I think most of us though we had a really good shot at 10 wins at least for the very same reason and we still do. Just sucks when we show up so unprepared after a bye week. you had extra time to game plan. You tell the players don’t buy into the hype of being ranked 6 block out the noise, but then you roll this out .

4. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Also, from what I saw, Sam was fine.
    Offense played well enough to win.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

ISU held WVU to 10 points.
    At home we can win that game.
    We play at TTech. That's scary.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. zuckercanyon

Sorry and thanks MD....

7. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

I think we might have one more loss in us, but I think it's going to be in the Big 12 title game. After that, we'll probably go to Alamo bowl and kick someone's teeth in.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

You can tell this all you want but did they listen? Didn't look like. Especially in not covering the QB on those QB keeps. I know he is considered more of a passer but still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The whole away game thing is interesting. I get it's an effort to travel but I always played better in front of opposing fans. I love shutting them up. I always felt pressure at home in front of my family and friends. It's fun to do well in front of the girls at the opposing team's place.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  10. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

I try not to judge teams like that just because sometimes s**t happens. Team a beat team b so team c should be able to as well. Iowa state switched the qb and got wvu by surprise as they didn’t prepare for him and his skill set. We will show up next week no doubt that’s the trend Herman usually has With big games they will show up ready to play and need to win in order to make it to Jerry’s world

11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

We can win any games left on the schedule, but Tech's awful defense held OSU to 17 points and KSU held them to 12 points. I'm not so confident at home next week as you are.

12. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

And ISU's different QB held them to 10 points?

I never said I was confident.
    Just said it can be done.
    I understand each game is different.
    But there is proof out there that a team with less talent did it.
    So, why can't we?
    And we have played more inspired at home.
    We should be pissed and no off week to lose focus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

We have the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best teams we play still left on our schedule. All of them better than the cowgirls. Play anything like last night the rest of the season there won't be an improvement over last year.

14. easy

easy 2,500+ Posts

14 points and the Iowa state offense kept Grier off the field by running the ball and then Taking the shot. The guy tossed 3 td passes and one of those guys had almost 200 yards on the ground

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  15. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

The Big 12, since Texas beat OU early, is at least of high interest to a lot of Big 12 fans. Seems recently the race is over before midway through the season.

Key games left that should be fun (trying to look at the bright side of it here):

11/3
    WVU@UT
    OU@TT

11/10
    UT@TT
    oSu@OU (bedlam isn't around Thanksgiving this year?)

11/17
    WVU@oSu
    ISU@UT

11/23
    OU@WVU

I'm thinking the OU v WVU game is replayed a week later at the CCG.

• Like Like x 2
  16. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I think fans (and broadcasters) heavily factor first half play into their general perspective on the game.

I thought we played pretty well overall.

Key mistakes like Brandon's were huge. Other key plays like stupid penalties and the simulated snap were also killers.

In terms of play/play calling, our CBs really hurt us, as did our inability to shadow the quarterback. And again, we under utilized the run game.

I'm a huge fan of Sam, CoJo, LJH, Ingram, Gary, and Omenihu. There were probably some unsung heroes in the trenches too.

17. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

I'm hung-up on our inability to contain the zone read when the QB keeps the ball.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

next 4 games, we go 1-3. 2-2 AT BEST. just how i see it playing out.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  19. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sam was meh in the first half. Play was spotty. Off on one series, then great on one a little later. He was better in the second half; and really good in the fourth quarter.

Our defense was very shaky. And could be taken apart by wvu, or not.

Our coaching in the first half was in a coma. Finally got better in the fourth quarter until TH tried the onside kick giving osu a very short field. And then time management sucked in the last couple of minutes.

20. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

I say 2-2 for remaining 4 games. Wins vs ku and ttu; losses vs wvu and isu. Although, we could lose to ttu and beat isu. Nevertheless, 2-2 which will bring us to 8-4 which was my pre season prediction.

21. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I pooped on you out of principle. Not because I disagree.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

The poop on principle is highly underutilized imo

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  23. SAMMCHornfan

SAMMCHornfan 250+ Posts

Yeah, Sam played a decent game. Way too many three and outs early, but I blame that more on the playcalling than on him. With that said, this board would have imploded had Shane played and lost under similar circumstances. It would have definitely fell on his shoulders.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. Bayerithe

Bayerithe 1,000+ Posts

ha!

• Funny Funny x 1
  25. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

CH, who can predict?

After ou many here assumed this team would win out.

Horns are much better than 2017, good not great, with good upside. The backside of the schedule is loaded with teams of capable of derailing an exceptional 2nd season for TH. Okie Lite was one of those teams.

I hope OSU was a wake up call to this team to finish strong, if not we may be looking a very unsatisfying ~ 8-4 ~ and a mid-tier bowl.... when much more was achievable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  26. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Great post sir! Very opportunistic, glass is half full, and I agree with you.

27. Texanne

Texanne 5,000+ Posts

Agreed. Lubbock scares the **** out of me. Weird things happen there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  28. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

In thinking about the B12, it seems there is an upward trend in the overall quality of teams belonging to the conference. ISU, WVU, and TT hired their coaches and let them have the time to develop their program. Baylor may be at the beginning of a similar trajectory. I know some say that we saved KK's job by losing to him last year. Regardless of that, he seems to have a better defense this year and that makes them more dangerous. Patterson will right the ship in Ft Worth. If the Purple Wizard does retire, look for a quality replacement there. All this points to a conference with few soft spots and a conference that will be a difficult one to win. TH will have to steadily improve our program if there are to be championships in our future.

29. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Offense did good scoring 35 points.

Now to the D.....24 missed tackles. I thought we were way past that....coached up. That is not playing well at all and we will win exactly one more game this year if we continue that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. zuckercanyon

Our defense is very sensitive right now. I think we should set up a safe place for them to hide from Emmanuel Acho and anyone else not in the locker room that doesn’t understand their plight.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1