We're back!!!

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by X Misn Tx, Oct 6, 2018.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Oh yeah!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ProdigalHorn

ProdigalHorn 10,000+ Posts

Ummmmmm...... can we say it.... so hard..... not sure...... ughhhh....
    Yeah ok we're back :D

Of course, I gotta qualify. We're not BACK back. We're back to better than relevant. We're back to contention. We're back to a team that we know can play for a conference title this year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

If we are "back", then we beat the Baptists next week and go into the bye week on a 6 game win streak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Texas is Big 12 back, I want to see Texas National back, that means good enough to beat the big boys.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

OU is a big boy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

So now that we’re back, I looked at the remaining schedule, and I see something I’ve never seen in my life:

What Power 5 conference team has ever scheduled 4 of its last 5 regular-season games on Friday instead of Saturday? Weird!

(EDIT: Okay, never mind. It turns out I was misinformed. I’ll leave the post up just so you’ll know what idiocy on my part that other people were responding to. And I explain the source of my misinformation later in the thread. Anyway, we’re back! :) )

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  7. yelladawgdem

yelladawgdem 2,500+ Posts

Beat OU again in Arlington and we will be back. Both Big 12 and National. This team can take nothing for granted. WVU and at OU lite are still there.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

We will see if we are back by the "experts" when rankings come out. It will be interesting to see if we crack the top 10 on the first CFP ranking.

9. Walking Boss

Walking Boss 2,500+ Posts

Will we even jump the land theives in the rankings? 50/50 chance.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

OU is a national contender every year and that makes three straight wins against Top 25 teams this year so we are more than Big XII back.

Just gotta stay hungry and work through the rest of the schedule like their lives depend on it. That's what it takes to be a champion.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

I will agree we are back when we win the B12. Be that this year or in the future. For the moment, I want to see the team keep improving each week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

WVU will beat OU. They done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Who are you talking about?

14. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

OU is the best offense Texas will face this year, TCU is the best Defense Texas will face. WVU is also a very good Defense.
    We just have to go 1-0 every week. That’s the bottom line, just like Hager said.

15. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

We damn sure ought to. We have 3 wins over ranked teams, including top 10 OU. How many do they have?

Same 5-1 record with the head-to-head win. It will be a joke if they stay ahead of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

My wife told me she was a French model on the internet. You can’t believe everything you read. My wife does look like a model just not French.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. militaryhorn

militaryhorn Prediction Contest Manager

When did that ever matter?

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

blOwU is a pretender this year, it's pretty evident their offense is elite, but their defense is non-existent. We won't know if Texas is back until it's full body of work for 2018 is complete. If Texas wins the conference, no matter what happens in the bowl game, Texas is back, if they don't but get paired in a bowl game with a elite opponent and win, then i'll also say Texas is back.

Either way, Texas needs to not worry about being back and instead worry about taking care of business every week.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. HornDawg1957

HornDawg1957 100+ Posts

Okay, I should’ve gone to texassports.com to verify this.

On ESPN.com, if you go to Texas’s page, the schedule on the left side of the page has the correct dates for the Oklahoma State, West Virginia, and Texas Tech games - all Saturdays. But if you click on the Schedule link on that page, the Schedule page shows those three games as being on Friday instead of Saturday. So strange.

Anyway, I was wrong, but it’s ESPN’s fault. Carry on . . .

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  20. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

21. Vol Horn 4 Life

You're wrong. They are not a pretender. Their offense is top 3 nationally and you're right their defense is awful, but that doesn't make them a pretender. Texas just beat a team that will finish the season in the top 10.

22. Hoop

Hoop 500+ Posts

I agree. Their offense is lethal. Even with a bad defense, they are going to outscore teams and win most of their games.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  23. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm going to predict they lose at most one more game, but more than likely none.

24. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I’ll go for one more. I’d prefer not to see them again in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Are you talking regular season or including championship games and bowl games?

They have a lethal offense, one of the best in the country, but they are so bad on defense, it's pretty obvious a team with a great offense could score TDs on every series against them.

By the end of the season Texas will have the confidence to do just that. This blOwU team is Texas Tech 2008, and that isn't championship material.

If they are the best the Big 12 has to offer than the Big 12 doesn't deserve to have a team in the playoffs. I can't wait to see WVU and blOwU square off, you might see both teams break 100 pts.

26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

They are a big boy on ONE side of the ball. They have no defense and got exposed (again). This was not a poor one-game showing...they have had no defense all season long.

Their offense has picked up far better than I believed it would when their starting RB went down...they plugged in another car dealership employee and went on as if nothing happened.

I believe Texas is back to being a team that controls its own destiny, at least within the conference. They have turned a few heads amongst the discussions at the national level but still have things to prove. This is not a bad place to be...but there is still room for improvement, especially in places like proper preparedness on defense and also in the punting game. Defense was NOT prepared at the start of the RRS...

27. Vol Horn 4 Life

I'm talking regular season. Until they actually don't win a conference championship I'm not going to bet against them doing it again. They always seem to figure out how to win almost every year. We all know they blow in the post season good defense or not.

You called them a pretender and I don't believe that. While they aren't Bama (no team is), I think they are top 10-15 team at the end of the year.

28. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn 500+ Posts

I think we need to see a full season play out before we say we're back. With that said, I do think we're finally on the right course to being BACK.

Also, I'm sitting here typing this with a sunburnt nose from yesterday... and OU still sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. Mike the Texan

Mike the Texan 250+ Posts

"This blOwU team is Texas Tech 2008."

Texas Tech of 2008 beat us. I still have nightmares of Gideon dropping the game winning interception.

- Mike

30. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Texas Tech 2008 actually had a decent defense. Not great, but decent.