We're going to the Sweet 16!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Just had to say it again to make sure it sinks in . . .

• Like Like x 1
  2. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Quick, somebody pinch me

3. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

Going? We're in it! :hookem2:

4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Moooooo, where did you find that drawing of Kim Mulkey's backside?

• Like Like x 5
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

8. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

It's going to be a long week. :smile1:

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Will OU join us in the Sweet 16, and prove that that PAC 12 was highly overrated based on the number of schools hosting? Or, will Stanford take advantage of the home court and beat the Sooners?

I have not yet decided who I am rooting for. Had we lost last night, I'd definitely rooting for Stanford. Most Texas fans believe that nothing good ever comes from cheering for OU . . .

• Like Like x 2
  10. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

I have decided who I'm rooting against, and their name has the word "sucks" in it. I'm sure you can figure it out :)

11. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

wow...line on the UConn-Rutgers game right now has UConn giving 31.

By comparison, the program associated with a State that still sucks is only getting 6 from the tree.

12. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I forgot the OKC is hosting that regional; so, better I cheer for Stanford. I hope Stanford's guards from Texas leave Petyon Little in their dust.

14. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I think ou will win this game. The two guards for stanford are good athletes, but overall they are not a very athletic team. ou is also not a very athletic team and struggles with more athletic teams. Stanford is not one of them.

15. Rexy

Rexy 1,000+ Posts

OU behind by 10 with five min left. I thought OU would win. What do I know???

16. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Well, I was wrong too.

17. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I only saw Peyton Little score one 3-point basket. She may have had more. But, Stanford took her out of the game. Peyton cannot create her own shot; she basically needs to be wide open to get a good look. Brady defended her well in Dallas, and Orrange did so for Stanford today.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

TV announcer said Peyton has scored 9 points in their two NCAA tourney games; and that's because OU had 111 against Quinnipiac.

• Like Like x 1
  20. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

wow, Stanford is 30-38 on FTs and counting. That's the ball game there.

21. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

ou will continue to have defensive problems. Coale did a good job in conf play of playing solid team defense. But they need to improve athletically on the perimeter. Mulkey will help in a couple of years, and allow them to funnel everything into her.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  22. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

What deal did Geno make with the Devil and for crying out loud when does the Devil get to call in the marker and put the rest of us out of our misery? It's just so boring to watch them cruise to wins with such ease year after year after year. :whiteflag:

• Like Like x 3
  23. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

It's scary.

24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Since we recruit against OU & A&M, it's good that they aren't in the Sweet 16 this year, and we are!

25. True2Horns

True2Horns 250+ Posts

I try to imagine what it might be like to be a UConn fan, and what it might be like to sit through blowout after blowout. Would I continue to be interested? I don't know. Isn't it more fun if there is at least a LITTLE struggle??

• Like Like x 1
  26. texfiter

texfiter 100+ Posts

Rutgers is a mess offensively in the first half. They seem undisciplined and take quick shots.

27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Yep, but we still have to deal with Tonya Harding... I mean Kim Mulkey at Baylor. God I wish that trailer park they call a Universiry would blow away in the next storm.

• Like Like x 4
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

We used to blow out just about every team in the late 80's, especially at home. Strangely, it wasn't boring; it was the norm. Plus, the younger players got to see more playing time.

29. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Peyton has not had too good of a NCAA start. That could change........

30. TagHorns

TagHorns 250+ Posts

Yeah, but it's pretty sad that OU let Quinn. score in the 80's! What does that say of a defensive game???? There was none.