We're going to the Sweet 16!

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 23, 2015.

1. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

missed some shots but we are handling the press well. Really having trouble getting the ball inside.

2. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

good run by the Horns to close it to five.

3. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

UConn getting some separation off TOs by Horns. Outstanding shooting by the Huskies.

4. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

just missing too many shots. UConn hitting over 63% of fairly open looks.

5. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Come on empress have to do better.

6. overseasbbfan1

overseasbbfan1 1,000+ Posts

Yep, gotta make more shots, and have to make UCONN work harder for theirs. Not playing D like we're capable of.

7. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

ouch, 11 TOs so far. never a good sign for the Horns.

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Just want to see fight til the end no matter the margin and I expect that Aston will get that from this team.

9. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

Worse than I expected...

I think UConn's domination of women's basketball has actually been bad for the sport. You can now get Final Four tickets without having to go through the lottery. Plus they'll continue to dominate at least during conference play because they are in such a horrible conference.

10. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Our decision making needs to improve in order for us to become the team we want to be.

11. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, as the Duke coach loves to say, this is going to be a learning experience, as in how to disrupt such a smoothly running offense. Wish I could listen in at the halftime. Horns really need to come out strong in the second half.

12. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

We got this :smokin:

13. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I hope we can get it together and have some kind of a run, at least cut down on TO's. Atkins' steals were nice. Unless Imani is injured, I don't get it why she was on the bench so long in the latter part of the half. Might have at least gotten some rebounds.

14. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

We've done some good things, we are just too careless with the basketball.

15. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Maybe Imani needed the rest or avoiding foul troubles which she's proned to when tired. Seemed like she played a lot of minutes to me, but haven't seen stats.

16. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Blah. But we made it to the Sweet 16 and that is great. No complaints. Proud. :hookem:

17. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I believe they are playing the national champions today. They already beat South Carolina by 25 and I don't see them giving up the title this year with the horses they have.

Glad our young team is getting this tournament experience even though this is painful.

18. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

my thinking about this is that others need to quit complaining about their domination and step it up. You have to beat the champion if you want to be at the top of the mountain. That's not happening today but they will see what they have to do to get there.

• Like Like x 4
  19. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Yes. They look like they just want this game to end. Very proud of their accomplishment. I think Karen needs to work on getting more out of her players for a full 40.... That said, UConn is just that good.

20. overseasbbfan1

No question Sweet 16 is a great accomplishment for this team, esp after the setbacks, but no doubt...this is not easy to watch. But we'll be back, and even better next season. No tourney two seasons ago, round two last year, Sweet 16 this season....keep it movin' forward, Horns!

• Like Like x 1
  21. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

Good job sarah, we are doing some good things. Their offense is just really good. Also don't help inside they shoot the three too well, will give up the two instead of the three.

22. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I'm liking Sarah's play. I may have missed it, but is she full time bb next season?

Worried Imani tweeked something with the wincing on that play

23. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Haddis has been great...Atkins has looked good....They're shooting is ridiculous today...66% overall and from 3. Nuts. Guess we're not taking any chances with Imani's leg.

24. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

I love Haddis... she is so mobile and plays so hard.

25. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

26. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

As ESPN pointed out, Texas loses nobody from this Sweet 16 team and have some great players coming in. Horns on the rise! :bevo::hookem:

27. BabHorn

BabHorn 10,000+ Posts

well, not exactly our finest game. But you cannot beat the experience. Horns will build on this and come back stronger.

• Like Like x 1
  28. rattfatt

rattfatt 500+ Posts

I really like the things we did offensively, we had a lot of open looks that we didn't make. On defense they were just too good. I'm looking forward to what this team can do and be next year. We had a great year but obviously ran into a much better team. Congrats to the players and coaches, great job. The program is on the come up, we will continue to get better.

• Like Like x 1
  29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

The girls AND the coach now know they don't have to just improve - they have to literally get twice as good. If they take that to heart then this game was a good thing.

30. overseasbbfan1

Absolutely. Making the Sweet 16 after losing our top scorer and rebounder is a great accomplishment, and also says a lot about what might have been had that not happened. I am definitely looking forward to next season, and beyond, and can't wait to see what this squad does with another year of experience under the belts, and the addition of several more of the nation's top recruits. Very proud of what this team did this season...great job, Horns!