West Virginia Series --- SWEEP!

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Chop, May 18, 2023.

1. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

WVU has as much right to refer to themselves as Big 12 champions as Texas does. The tiebreaker applies only to the seeding for the tournament—isn’t that correct? OSU also had a share of the regular season championship

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

How could the champion of a P5 conference not host a regional? Especially when the champion is Texas with a long and distinguished and legendary history. Yeah that sounds a little entitled or elitist, but this is the year the Texas brand pulls us across the seeding finish line.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

After the game last night Mrs Vol Horn and I went to Pappadeaux to have some oysters, cocktail shrimp and a couple of cocktails to cool off. Who bellied up to the bar next to me to have dinner you might ask? Mark Hutchison who was behind the plate yesterday. That was a fun conversation.

Out of this I feel like I missed something. Are the next year spring sports going to begin competition in the SEC? Not sure how I would have missed that, but he said they were told last week that Texas baseball would be in the SEC for the next season. That would mean we won our last Big XII championship.

Not surprisingly he said the worst fans bar none are Arkansas people. He said they are brutal, make bodily harm threats, yell out his personal phone number, know his wife and kids names, where they work and go to school. He said its awful.

4. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Yes, that is correct AFAIK.

5. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I don't think its a problem but only the coaches know how he is feeling. Another factor is not knowing how the bullpen is going to be used up yet until the other games are played. This is all contingent on us staying in the winners bracket too.

On another note, anyone know what happened to Carlson?

6. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I happened to sit on the Arkansas side during our game with them when we played at Arlington earlier this season, i watched the previous game before ours and just grabbed a seat with a good view that was close to the draft beer stand and the bathroom and decided to stay in my seat for the UT game, jeez what a bunch of douche bags. Long story short, i had asked a friend if he wanted to go watch some games, he loves MLB. He brought his wife and they had a couple more friends meet them there. My friend was actually an Arkansas fan and their friends were Texas Tech fans. It wasn't long into the game and they were ALL cheering on Texas because of the stupid Arkansas fans.

I was getting more and more drunk as the game went on and I was having more and more fun razzing the fans I was surrounded by. We lost but it was a good game, there were some good fans but boy, the majority take their team entirely too serious and hate Texas with all their being.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. aUTfan

aUTfan 2,500+ Posts

I forgot, i was with DirecTv shortly, they told me I couldn't get LHN where I lived (Ft. Worth) so I switched immediately to Sling and is the only online service that carries LHN that I'm aware of.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Texas and OU don't join the SEC until July 1, 2024. Spring sports along with all the rest have one more year in the Big12/14.

https://www.si.com/college/alabama/bamacentral/texas-oklahoma-joining-the-sec-in-2024

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

A baseball series vs. UH would be a (1 year) plus, I suppose.

11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

As long as it isn't played in the Third Ward. If it is, go to Hertz, rent a car & take the insurance.

• Funny Funny x 1