What A Load of Manure

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by TaylorTRoom, Sep 27, 2011.

1. TaylorTRoom

TaylorTRoom 1,000+ Posts

Ag Party Line

I know the Ags love a BS story and will repeat it until everybody believes it, facts be damned (like the one about how Bevo got his name). Now they are saying that they stayed in the Big 12 last summer because of political pressure and that they "blinked". Baloney. They stayed last summer because they couldn't afford the exit fees once the PAC deal died (admittedly, fervor for it was lessened by the thought of the Ags going SEC) and it became clear that there would be a Big 12 left to collect them. Their AD was in debt, and there was no way they could swing the ten million $ to leave (remember that they also felt at the time that they might have to buy out a coach)

Institutionally, they had decided (as Loftin admits) that they had decided they wanted to be in the SEC. They spent the last year raising funds and plotting a legal strategy. That's why they're leaving now. Trying to get away from Texas bullying? I would like to hear some examples of Texas getting its way contrary to the wishes of others. They claim they're advocates of revenue sharing? Too bad they consistently voted against it.

I get that they're looking for a better deal, and a better marketing approach. That's fine, actually. There are no saints here. It's embarrassing, though, for a university to adopt a premise based on lies, especially to themselves.

2. Hook 'Em Danno

Hook 'Em Danno 1,000+ Posts

No one knows manure (or can spread it around) better than Aggy.

3. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

TTR
    " They spent the last year raising funds and plotting a legal strategy"

I believe this but to think they spent a year plotting a legal strategy and this is what they came up with is good for a laugh.