What a season

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by BurntOrangeOnly, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BurntOrangeOnly

BurntOrangeOnly 500+ Posts

This has been an amazing season for our favorite team. Huge highs, deep lows, and just plain wonderfully entertaining. 12-1 is fantastic. A BCS bowl game win against a tough top 10 team is awesome.

Did our team get slighted? Yeah. I'm still enormously proud of this team and how they represent The University.

There's already a thank you thread for Quan so let me just say to the entire team and most especially to the seniors, THANK YOU for all the hard work, dedication, blood, sweat and tears this year and throughout your careers. May only good things be in your futures!

2. longhornbell

longhornbell 100+ Posts

3. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

I would have taken it in a heart beat this time last year. I thought this would be a 2 to 3 loss team. Colt set the tone in the off season.

[​IMG]

4. TxnByBirth

TxnByBirth 1,000+ Posts

Agreed. I am really proud of this team and what they accomplished this year. At the beginning of the year I had us pegged as a 3 to 4-loss team. But this team has some amazing character, heart and talent and I was more than happy to be proven wrong.

Too bad we don't have a playoff. Instead of talking about what could have been, why couldn't we have beaten Ohio State more convincingly, etc., we'd be talking about getting a gutsy come-from-behind win, how to fix things for the next game, and being excited about moving on to the next round.

I refuse to be down about having to come from behind to win last night. That used to be a bowl game we'd find a way to lose, now we find ways to win.

We will have some gaps to fill on defense and the running game must get better, but overall I am SO excited about seeing what this team can do next year.

[​IMG]

5. kmac30

kmac30 500+ Posts

this team showed a lot of heart. with all that's happened, i'm glad we were able to pull it together and take that game last night. it would have been easy to fade into oblivion liked other past slighted teams. [​IMG]