What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Cactus Cafe' started by TheWalkingHorn, Feb 23, 2015.

1. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

SRV Voodoo Chile live from Tokyo...............

Whipper and Shannon aren't to shabby either......what a combo SRV and Double Trouble!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  2. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

3. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I play this on my Drums.
    Blink 182 - Miss You

4. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

I’m going to learn to play reggea on drums next.
    My favorite Bob Marley song.

5. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hideo Gump Jr.

Hideo Gump Jr. Summer Soldier and Sunshine Patriot

One of Alice’s best about a great character actor. Maybe not Strother Martin great, but great nonetheless.
    As for Alice, any friend of Groucho is a friend of mine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

8. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

9. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

So I watched School of Rock tonight with Deez, Jr., so I of course had to listen to this. Great move, and a kick *** song, which everybody obviously knows. And I'm too young to remember AC/DC with Bon Scott - died when I was 3 years old, so I only know his stuff posthumously. However, though post-Scott AC/DC put out some decent music, but they were never as good. He was just awesome, and the band always kicked some serious *** with him at the helm.

10. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

11. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

12. AC

AC 2,500+ Posts

13. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Like Like x 1
  14. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Starting to seriously mellow as I age and the music I listen to reflects that. Although I caught myself listening to a little classic R&B station last week, I have been listening to a lot of James Taylor, Jim Croce, and Cat Stevens. I scored front row seats to Jackson Brown later this summer. Looking forward to that!

But mostly, I think since coming off of Holy Week, I have been listening to Catholic music I've always loved - Litany of the Saints, Chaplet of Devine Mercy, Ave Maria Chant, More Precious than Silver (not necessarily Catholic), etc.....and I have different renditions of these same songs.

Its amazing how it gives me a sense of peace throughout the day, and I find myself being kinder/gentler , more prayerful, and manage day to day challenges with moral courage instead of self-pity like "why me!?".

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
  15. Hideo Gump Jr.

upload_2023-5-7_20-5-45.jpeg
    Santana @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: May 7, 2023
  16. Hideo Gump Jr.

upload_2023-5-7_21-10-56.jpeg
    Pretty sure this guy took lessons.

17. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

18. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Back when we had real rock bands thriving on whisky and fast cars rather than weed-ridden *******.

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't hear this song for the first time until yesterday. Pathetic. However, it came out in '81 (when I was 5 years old and therefore before I was old enough to appreciate rock), and it was on an album that wasn't a big hit for them (Fair Warning). Never heard it on the radio or anywhere else. But damn, it's underrated for VH - the kind of song that kicks you in the nuts but makes you enjoy it. Better than most of their big hits.

• Like Like x 1
  19. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

They played this in a concert I saw in 1984 in Reunion Arena. Big brother took me when I was 16. Ticket cost $13.50. Unbelievable. Good times.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I didn't get to see them live until 2008, but I'm very glad I did. Even though they were getting old and Michael Anthony (whom I consider an underrated bass player and backing vocalist) wasn't there, they were awesome. They sounded great, and Roth was still a great showman.

21. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Black Sabbath
    [​IMG]

22. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

• Like Like x 1
  23. utahorn

utahorn 500+ Posts

Two of the LP's I still have are Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here. (The latter is a tribute to Sid Barret who played guitar with (briefly) and before David Gilmour took over.) Sadly, never saw them in person.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
  24. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

RIP Robbie Robertson

"they should never have taken the very best"

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Jeff Lynne & ELO

The Wembley Stadium concerts they did are alllsome!

• Like Like x 2
  26. WorsterMan

Moody Blues - are on my rock Mount Rushmore along with the Beatles, Byrds, Beach Boys! Yes, I know some of you don't like the BB's.

Huge body of work. Missed Mike Pinder when he left in the mid-70's...but Justin Hayward, John Lodge, Ray Thomas and Grahem Edge continued to put out some epic music.

Hard to choose, but probably my favorite MB tune is Ride my See-saw. The guitar and bass work are exceptional.

Another favorite:

• Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
  27. WorsterMan

One more:

• Like Like x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

One of greatest concerts ever

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  29. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

MB’s “Question” is a special one for me and wife.

• Like Like x 1
  30. WorsterMan

@SabreHorn - I just spent the last 1.5 hours on my phone glued to that video of the MB with the CO symphony at Red Rocks.

OMG, I'm blown away! THAT WAS THE BEST CONCERT I EVER SAW!!!

The you tube of this will get dialed up and loud in my car for my next long drive to West Texas!

Cheers!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023