What can I do with my new Razr?

Discussion in 'Horn Depot' started by Jeevsie, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

I'm just a regular phone guy, but this was practically free. What cool things can I do with it? I guess I need a USB cord to put music on it. Is it even worth using it as an mp3 player?

2. NickDanger

NickDanger 2,500+ Posts

You can use it to keep your butt cheeks from rubbing together if you get it low enough in your crack. Other than that it will only serve to make you look cool to a teenager. Note: You have to be a teenager yourself for this phenomenon to manifest itself. I'm 44 and I use it to keep my butt cheeks from rubbing together until my stupid contract runs out in a few months.

3. random horn

random horn 250+ Posts

you might be able to make phone calls with it

4. there are websites that have "hacks" for any phone just about. Stuff like make the dial pad change colors, stuff like that. Some more useful than others.

5. Hank_Kingsley

Hank_Kingsley 100+ Posts

Drop it once.

Then you'll have to go buy a new phone.

6. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

Uh, oh. Did I make a bad choice? Sprint never has cool phones so I thought I'd give this one a shot. I've got 30 days to change it if I don't like it! Wife got the Katana and seems to like it...

7. Hank_Kingsley

Hank_Kingsley 100+ Posts

I've never owned one, but I've only heard bad things from friends/associates.

8. You could toss it in the trash like I did after I tore it apart.

I had a very bad experience with that phone.

9. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I've dropped mine several times and never had a problem.

10. Orange&White

Orange&White 1,000+ Posts

11. 90 Grad

90 Grad 500+ Posts

I had one for YEARS with no problems.

Actually, the front LCD screen filled up with dust but with the insurance (make sure you get the insurance), I got a new one.

I have since gotten the SLVR as I was tired of the flip phone thing.

I'll soon be getting the RIZR.

the RAZR is a GREAT PHONE!

12. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

I did get the $3 insurance. I might need to find a new phone, though...

13. SAChick

SAChick 500+ Posts

I've had mine for almost a year and no problems. I've dropped it a few times and I don't do much besides talk on it and text. My ex-brother-in-law had one and it just fell apart on him but his had some rough drunk nights on it.

14. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

You could send text messages to strippers, forget to delete them, and have your wife discover them.

15. Titan

Titan 100+ Posts

Ordered the RAZR a few days ago, should get it today via FedEx. Maybe I should have done some research before buying...hopefully it won't be as big of a turd as some of you say it is.

16. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

17. jimmyjazz

jimmyjazz 2,500+ Posts

I've had one for a month . . . no problems.

18. next2naus

next2naus 500+ Posts

that Samsung A900 via Sprint is a much better phone. handles multi media better, has a rotating camera and built in flash. I have a RAZR and hacve not problems with it of course I use it as a phone only and take some pix. I had the A900 when I was with Sprint and it was great

19. mynametaken

mynametaken 100+ Posts

I've had mine for over a year with no problems. A friend of mine had problems with his and it took forever to get it fixed. When he finally got it back they hadn't fixed it. His replacement has been fine.

There are a lot of tricks to make it useful. Take advantage of shortcuts, Web Shortcuts, and Stores Pages. This site has helped me a ton:
    The Link

20. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan 1,000+ Posts

21. wolfman

wolfman 1,000+ Posts

I had mine for over a year with no problems. I like that it is slim/flat and how it fits easily into my pocket.

22. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

I like mine- it's treated me well.

23. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

mine has grown on me over the year that i've had it. if i wasn't broke as a joke i would get a better phone though. i use it to make calls, text, and take a few pictures. that's it. there's dust under the screen but whatever, i really don't care. it's slim and fits in my pocket really well, that's what i'm about.

i used to have a siemens sl54. best phone ever. tiny, and i like the slide mech. if i could afford a nokia 8801 i would get one in a second though.

24. Jeevsie

Jeevsie 100+ Posts

That's part of the deal, though. Sprint doesn't have a very good selection.

I don't know how the strippers came into the deal, but I deny, deny, deny!

25. unpaintedhuffhines

unpaintedhuffhines 1,000+ Posts

the speakerphone is awesome

I'm actually on a conf call right now with it.

if you want a small phone that does all the basics of a phone (not a PDA) it's a good phone. Really the only frills lie within it's size. It's not flashy otherwise. I've had a Razr since they were available and the quality has gotten better over time. Definitely get insurance.

when using phone normally the volume is a bit low for my taste (speakerphone is great as mentioned though)

Sprint (I believe Sprint) has a similar phone that is the exact same size. Not sure about quality