What does take for Shaka to keep his job? - Poll

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by ronich, Mar 10, 2020.

?

What does take for Shaka to keep his job?

1. I love Texas Basketball and am tired of people calling us a Football School

6.5%
  2. Beat Texas Tech in Big 12 Tournament Quarters and win one game in the NCAAs

6.5%
  3. Beat Texas Tech in Quarters and win Semi Game in Big 12 Tournament and win at least one in NCAAs

16.1%
  4. Lose to Tech, but win one Tournament Game

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Lose to Tech, but go to 16 or beyond

9.7%
  6. Win the NIT again

3.2%
  7. It doesn't matter his buyout is too big, and if he doesn't win 25+ he is gone next year

29.0%
  8. Beat Texas Tech in Big 12 Tournament Quarters and not make NCAAs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. IT doesn't matter he is gone this year

12.9%
  10. Shaka's style of basketball is killing me slowly, my jr high school's PE Coach was better

35.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I made more changes so you can WTF some more, Chop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Imaginary accomplishments??? Put down the crack pipe.

There’s nothing imaginary about winning the conference tourney of the toughest conference in the nation (or at least tied with the Big 10). That’s something Barnes never ever did. Fortunately we upgraded our coaching when we got Shaka and got our first Big 12 conference championship.

3. LHABSOB

LHABSOB 1,000+ Posts

Man- I will just say it is pretty cool to see such passion around our Men's BBall team on both sides. Thought I would already be worried about the Spring Game by now.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. zuckercanyon

Winning the conference tournament has been meaningless for the Big Show. A lot of times, an also-ran in the conference wins the conference tournament as it's the only way to get the automatic bid. What's imaginary is the significance you're putting on this tourney win. You may end up being correct and Texas gets to the Final Four, but there's other conferences and other mid-major schools that are rolling that could give Texas a little more than they can handle. How does Shaka become a world beater in one season and the greatest? This mentality reflects how this university and others will quickly hand out contract extensions without merit. I've become skeptical of this process and would like to see more contracts coached out at Texas in particular.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Yep us fans of the Texas Longhorns basketball team, you know “Hornfans,” support our team and coach, and relish our awesome sweet victories.

:bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

6. zuckercanyon

Some do so blindly and without question.

7. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

Baylor is missing something coming into the tournament. They looked to have peaked too early but we shall see. They looked not so good against KSU and lost to a good OSU team. They may go deep but they could also depart early even without Covid. And Gonzaga was behind at half time to BYU. You just never know....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Winning the conference tournament of the mighty Big 12 was something Barnes could never accomplish. It was a ceiling that Barnes could never burst through. He always failed. Well, Shaka and our Texas Longhorns just busted through that ceiling, exceeded the meager conference accomplishments of Barnes, and are heading towards the Stratosphere. It’s great to be a Texas Longhorn fan!!! Oh Yeah!!!!
    :coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana::coolnana:
    :bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo::bevo:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  9. zuckercanyon

I've been out-positived, too many emoji's too much enthusiasm. I give.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I’m rather enthusiastic about this basketball team. And I love March Madness.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

:hookem: Couldn't agree more!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

On the ESPN bracketology website, they have Texas projected as a "3" seed. I wonder how accurate it will prove to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I think a 3 seed is where we’ll be tonight when the picking is through.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Exactly. Listening to the announcers on the womens game the other day was beyond pathetic. Texas game yesterday was just the same. Just like Zuckercanyon said, if a minority coach does it we have to act like its the second coming of Jesus Christ. It will never get back to quality announcing because there are too many avenues to watch and therefore its just a popularity contest for the woke.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

The fact that Bill Walton is still allowed to touch a microphone on air is proof that you're right. I was watching that Oregon State game last night and he was making some of the most absurd comments out of left field. When bill asked the other announcer if he listened to him, the response was something like "I rarely listen to you.". It was hilarious how frustrated he was with Bill, but extremely frustrating to hear for a couple hours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Bill Walton - making Pam Ward tolerable for decades.

How many plays last night were "easily one of the five worst plays in Beaver basketball history"

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. longhornlegend

All these announcers not just try to come up with dick vitale style comments which suck for the fans as its moronic and just not entertaining. I just mute them and unmute if I think there might be some actual game info.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  18. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

RP, I was just fed up with all of the excuses why Texas won. As far as the fresh legs excuse, anyone who ran track knows the dead legs are the second day as the adrenaline takes time to settle (and that is assuming one works out the plastic acid properly).

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

And didn't tOSU have fresh legs from only playing 5 games against BAMA. Oops.

20. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Infor. lol

21. longhornlegend

typo corrected, thanks

22. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Brown: Texas has never had a guy with his height and athletic ability. He has had some awesome games and some freshman games.... go figure he is a freshman! The last I seen he was projected to be the 9th pick in the NBA draft.... Who would ever try to get everything they could out of the potential 9th pick in the NBA draft? Sims has been used all season and by the way, Brown and Sims play different positions so Brown has not taken any minutes from Sims. I can't help but think we are watching 2 entirely different teams. I have been watching a team that won the Maui invitational, made it to a 4 ranking in the top 20 and then had a small tail spin (when Shaka contracted COVID 19) before getting it back together here at the end of the season and EARNING a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament. I think you have been watching ISU and thinking you were watching Texas as your assessment of this season could not be more wrong! In case you missed it, Texas beat KU (2x, absolutely embarrassed them in Kansas), Indiana, North Carolina and beat +/- ten top 20 teams this year. Final comment, these guys stay for the EOT, have 2 longhorn legacies on the team, are in incredible condition, and represent the university in a positive way. Perhaps they could teach the band, football team, volleyball team, and a good portion of the student body how people with class and dignity behave. I AM A PROUD FAN OF THIS TEAM. NOW LETS WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2