What happened to Connor Atchley?

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by DJDJAJGJ, Jan 12, 2008.

1. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

First 11 games: averaging 13 ppg, including two 20+ point games.

Last 5 games: averaging 6.6 ppg. These 9 pts he scored in the Mizzou blowout were the largest of the 5 games.

His FG% is still above 60%, and his 3pt shooting is above 50%, so what happened to his scoring?

Part of it is that opposing teams payed more attention to him. He's not getting nearly the open looks he got earlier. But also we're not giving him enough opportunities. In the Mizzou game, I thought we could've gone inside more with him especially. He also needs to do a better job of getting himself open or inside. And getting in foul trouble doesn't help either.

2. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

When he played well it was against teams that were not that good, for the most part.

Confidence is huge in BBall, and I think our entire team has lost it...not just Connor
    I

3. Goothrey

Goothrey 100+ Posts

he played well against Tennessee and UCLA did he not?

4. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

5. kevwun

kevwun 1,000+ Posts

He hurt his elbow. That's what happened.

6. Texoz

Texoz 1,000+ Posts

He's got a sweet hook shot and I don't think I've seen him miss that yet, maybe once. We should be running some plays to take advantage of that.

Quite frankly, we seemed to have been running more plays during our good games. These last four haven't looked very sharp in that aspect.

7. longhornmatt

longhornmatt 25+ Posts

He doesn't get the ball as much. Teams are playing the pick and pop differently than they were earlier in the year, so he isn't getting as much space on the perimeter for his outside shot.

We should be giving him the ball on the block, but our guards just won't do it. They will force a pass into a triple team to get Pittman the ball, but they won't give it to our other bigs even if they are wide open.

The lack of entry passes is absurd, especially with Connor since he hits that hook shot at such a high percentage.

8. Bob in Houston

Bob in Houston 2,500+ Posts

He's had a bad elbow... Barnes mentioned it before the last game. It really affected his shot. Whether it is still bothering him, I don't know, but he did try a couple of threes today.