What if it was not the Russians?

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Horn6721, Dec 13, 2016.

1. huisache

huisache 2,500+ Posts

One: everybody pleads not guilty at an arraignment even if they have already debriefed. The only purpose of an arraignment is to create a record that the defendant has been informed of what he is charged with and has or gets a lawyer

I've seen defendants who don't know any better try to plead guilty and the judges enter not guilty pleas for them.

Two: did the State Department actually sign off on the sale? I have heard one report that it was Treasury and some others who reviewed the deal and okayed it and State was not even involved.

2. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Papadopoulos has already plead guilty to lying to the FBI. No collusion found in regards to him. Mueller will have to find it on someone else. Clinton has been found to be working with Russia and Ukraine. Opposition research is not a big deal to me but if you want to say that it is collusion then Clinton needs to be in jail now.

3. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

No collusion found? He wasn't charged with collusion but given what we know about him meeting with a "Professor" and "Putin's niece" (who wasn't his niece) and discussing access to "thousands of stolen email" 2 months before the information was public, you'd be hardpressed to say again their wasn't a desire to collude. Like Don Jr., we're now expected to believe that they went to the trouble to organize the meeting believing they were going to collude then stopped short each time of colluding.

Mueller isn't done with his investigation. By all signs it seems that Papadopolous is now a cooperating witness thus the plea deal. This was simply the next shoe to drop to stem the attempt by Trump supporters to discredit the investigation and Mueller specifically.

4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yes. All the salacious details
    They would write something like, "Trump performed abortions at the Miss American Pageant he hosted."
    OK, so, it was true Trump hosted a beauty pageant
    When they say some parts of the dossier were "confirmed," this is the kind of thing they are referring to
    The rest, the salacious part, is untrue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Yo Bubba, answer^

• Like Like x 2
  6. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Man this is getting good - no check that - this is great. Keep it up guys!
    :popcorn:

• Like Like x 1
  7. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Using Fusion GPS like the GOP candidate did is not akin to "cooperating with Russia". Trump and the Russkies win the battle of who bought/paid for the most dirt. I don't know much of Teddy and the Russians. How would it compare to Iran/Contra?

Paul Manafort was an unpaid volunteer but was running the campaign. It really matters more what the GOP, long term FBI Director and combat volunteer Robert Mueller thinks in the long run. I hope he doesn't hold Trump's bone spurs against him.

8. Seattle Husker

Republicans, Democrats and the FBI investigating a candidate to see if they are connected to Russia in any way is "collusion" but openly courting Russia, actually traveling to meet Russian government agents is not collusion. Bizarro world indeed.

9. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Don't forget about the collusion of the DNC against Bernie. Yet no outrage from democrats. Bizzaro world indeed.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As I understand it, the campaign volunteer with the Greek sounding name (dont ask me to spell it) floated an idea that was never acted upon. His idea was somewhat close to what Hillary and the DNC actually did.

Is this about right?

Which brings me back to this question I am going to keep putting in front of you

...Seems pretty disingenuous given it was Hillary 2016 and the DNC who were paying for Russian generated gossip. True they used a cutout/middleman lawfirm and GPS Fusion. Of course they did. But the fact remains that millions of dollars went from Hillary2016/the DNC though those middlemen to the Russians for dirt on Hillary's political opponent.

Is this not what you have been accusing Trump of for nearly a year now? -- "collusion with the Russians?",,,,

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brad Austin

Brad Austin 2,500+ Posts

Let's not forget the attempted collusion to sway Rep delegates from pledging their electoral votes to the rightful victor of their state's primary. F'n despicable times we live in.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Seattle Husker

Never acted upon = Sam Clovis, Co-Chair of Trump's national campaign said go to England to meet with the Russian envoys. Papa then meets with the "Professor" and "Putin's niece" in London. After being told the Russians have "thousands of Clinton's email" he returns claiming Putin wants to meet with Trump to which the campaign says its "not going to happen" and said "send a low level person".

Yep, never acted upon in a Trumpster world.

13. Seattle Husker

You must have missed the screams of the Bernie supporters and the subsequent protest votes for any liberal but HRC. Heck, there is one person on my Facebook feed still upset with the Democratic party apparatus for the way they treated Bernie.

I'm a registered Independent so it's not my party.

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Are there any special counsels investigating? I might have missed it.

15. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

They took over paying for opposition research that a Republican had started. Fusion GPS is not Wikilieaks.

16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is also partially incorrect. The same firm was involved, this much is true.

But the funding of Russian gossip did not begin until HRC 2016/DNC gave money Perkins,Coie who then gave that some of that funding to GPS Fusion who then gave some of that money to Steele who then gave some of that money to Russians.

So, it was first through a law firm (thereby attaching attorney client privilege) and then through other cut outs. But the facts are inescapable -- Hillary'16 and the DNC paid agents of the Russians Govt for information to use in an election in the US.

Money was taken out by each agent along the way (agents in the legal sense). Nonetheless, whatever the amount that finally reached the Russians was from Hillary and the DNC.

Isnt this exactly what you have been accusing the Trump campaign of doing, for almost a year now?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

So, Bubba, I guess you must have missed this since you didnt post anything about it -- but lawyers from Facebook were on the Hill to give testimony on Russia influence on the election via FB.

You will never guess what they found.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what you said they would find. But wait, that's not all. Based on your posts on this issue, it appears that you were the customer who bought what they were selling!

How funny is that?

Irony can be such a *****

Top lawyers from Facebook and Twitter said Tuesday that Russian-linked posts and advertisements placed on the social networks after Election Day sought to sow doubt about President Donald Trump's victory.

Facebook general counsel Colin Stretch told a Senate Judiciary panel that content generated by a Russian troll farm known as the Internet Research Agency after Nov. 8 centered on “fomenting discord about the validity of [Trump’s] election.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017...ian-meddling-sought-to-undermine-trump-244380

18. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

That doesn’t mean that the ads purchased prior to 11/8 did not exist. I think the Long game was to try to tear down Hillary so they could start in on her after 11/8. The outcome changed things and saw them turn on trump.

I think much of the Russian actions before the election were ham fisted on purpose to be noticed after the fact.

The oligarch money into American campaigns will still be their undoing.

19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The majority of their ad buys were post election
    Maybe 2 out of 3, something like that, maybe 3 out of 4
    I cant rmbr and am getting ready got baseball so am not looking it up

20. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

It’s early here in St. Petersburg.

21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ok Bubba, here it is. Wrong again. At least 25% of our yellowcake has left North America. Approved by the lying Obama people. It get old, yes?

After the Obama administration approved the sale of a Canadian mining company with significant U.S. uranium reserves to a firm owned by Russia’s government, the Nuclear Regulatory Commission assured Congress and the public the new owners couldn’t export any raw nuclear fuel from America’s shores.

No uranium produced at either facility may be exported,” the NRC declared in a November 2010 press release .....
    Neither Uranium One Inc. nor AMRZ holds a specific NRC export license. In order to export uranium from the United States, Uranium One Inc. or ARMZ would need to apply for an obtain a specific NRC license authorizing the exports of uranium for use in reactor fuel,” then-NRC Chairman Gregory Jaczko wrote Barrasso.

Yet NRC memos reviewed by The Hill shows that it did approve the shipment of yellowcake uranium — the raw material used to make nuclear fuel and weapons — from the Russian-owned mines in the United States to Canada in 2012 through a third party. Later, the Obama administration approved some of that uranium going all the way to Europe, government documents show.

NRC officials said they could not disclose the total amount of uranium that Uranium One exported because the information is proprietary. .....

.....25 percent of that nuclear fuel eventually made its way outside North America to Europe and Asia, stressing all the exports complied with federal law.
    "It now appears that despite pledges to the contrary, U.S. uranium made its way overseas as a part of the Uranium One deal," Grassley said in the statement. "What’s more disturbing, those transactions were apparently made possible by various Obama Administration agencies while the Democrat-controlled Congress turned a blind eye....."
    .... the NRC was able to amend the export license affecting Uranium One because of two other decisions previously made by the Obama administration as part of a Russian “reset” in President Obama’s first term.

Proprietary? Really? lol
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-...rts-to-europe-memos-show#.WfsWTBNP2hI.twitter

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I brought this up quite a bit during the campaign. Was criticized as "conspiracy theory." But now Twitter is admitting, under oath, that it consciously suppressed tweets related to the Podesta and DNC emails as a matter of corporate policy. Specifically, Twitter suppressed certain #hasgtags during the election in an effort to aid Hillary2016

Corporate censorship in an effort to effect a national election is pretty close to the black letter definition of Fascism.

It was approximately one year ago, when angry tweeters alleged that Jack Dorsey et al., were purposefully censoring and "suppressing" certain content on Twitter, namely anything to do with the leaked DNC and John Podesta emails, as well as hashtags critical of Hillary Clinton while "shadow-banning" pro-Donald Trump content. We can now confirm that at least one part of the above was true, because during today's Senate hearing, Twitter admitted it "buried", which is another word for censored, significant portions of tweets related to hacked emails from the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chair John Podesta in the months heading into the 2016 presidential campaign.

"Before the election, we also detected and took action on activity relating to hashtags that have since been reported as manifestations of efforts to interfere with the 2016 election. For example, our automated spam detection systems helped mitigate the impact of automated Tweets promoting the #PodestaEmails hashtag, which originated with Wikileaks’ publication of thousands of emails from the Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta’s Gmail account.

Approximately one quarter (25%) of those Tweets received internal tags from our automation detection systems that hid them from searches.

..... our systems detected and hid just under half (48%) of the Tweets relating to variants of another notable hashtag, #DNCLeak, which concerned the disclosure of leaked emails from the Democratic National Committee.
    full story here http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...clinton-email-tweets-last-two-months-campaign

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  23. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Interesting. Dated just today. Based upon the quote below, why do we A) really care and B) have a say? We're importing the majority of uranium we use anyway. I can only surmise that we utilize a different material than is exported. dropped nuclear physics.

"The United States actually imports the majority of the uranium it uses as fuel. In 2016, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, 24 percent of the imports came from Kazakhstan and 14 percent came from Russia."

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

LOL. YOU cared until you had the facts put in front of you!
    I have no doubt you will find a new chew now. have fun

ps -- If you read it all, you will note they were a little vague on where the yellowcake went. Maybe Europe, maybe Asia. They dont even know.
    So, yeah, you probably should care. But now that it doesnt serve your immediate political crusade, you wont.

• Like Like x 1
  25. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I think this is the first instance of this Fusion thing in this thread that involved me. So, please get off my arse for some posting norm to which I remain oblivious.

This Fusion GPS thing is more than a nothing burger. We import uranium as it is. I don't get the uproar other than maybe a market/price issue. What am I missing? Or, did it come up a few days before indictments were announced?

26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Out of the blue, you interjected the Uranium One argument into the Kaepernick thread. I blew it too by responding before I finally caught myself. The Corrupt Hillary/Uranium One argument belongs here. Or the "Comey-Mueller" thread. Or, the "Hills Aint Out of the Woods Yet" thread. But not on the "Watch This Guy Take a Dump on the US Flag" thread.

27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I suspect the Podesta Group is next

28. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

Who made you the the thread Nazi (meant like the Soup Nazi not like Richard Spencer, David Duke, et al)? None of those threads say "Uranium One". Who's to know where some random topic needs to go?

29. OUBubba

OUBubba 5,000+ Posts

I did a search for "Fusion" on my name and what I find doesn't follow your fact set. So, to quote the great Sheriff Buford T. Justice, "do the letters F O mean anything to you?" Try it and educate me. I'm happy to learn!

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I've already done all I can do for you