What if Portland had KD and Zach Randolph

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by MammothHorn, Dec 14, 2008.

1. MammothHorn

MammothHorn < 25 Posts

Honestly, is Zach Randolph that much of a team cancer, cause that guy is good. Imagine Randolph, Aldridge, Kevin Durant, Brandon Roy and Steve Blake as a starting 5. I know its one of those crazy what if questions, but I really feel like they messed up that draft getting Oden instead of Durant and then giving away Randolph. Randolph is a 20/10 guy and you can't just give that away on potential. I think they would be contending this year and possibly would have last year as well if they did this instead. Comments?

2. whereiend

whereiend 100+ Posts

That team gets slaughtered on D. Aldridge at PF with Pryzbilla at C would be better

3. KingBobo81

KingBobo81 250+ Posts

The simple answer is...yes. He is a cancer.

4. MammothHorn

MammothHorn < 25 Posts

I will take the response that Randolph is that much of a cancer, but honestly I think they would be fine on D. Randolph is a pretty thick guy and I think he could play center that type of team. Plus Kevin Durant is playing his natural position so he isn't as bad at defense, Aldridge is a solid defender and incredibly long and so is Brandon Roy. Randolph could run some of the game--I don't see Durant, Aldridge, Roy, Blake or either of the 2 spanish guards having problems running either. Plus they have great size 2-4. What did Zach Randolph do that was so bad, other than a bad attitude?

5. whereiend

whereiend 100+ Posts