what is the best hotel in dallas?

Discussion in 'On The Road Again' started by naijahorn, Dec 19, 2007.

1. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

hopefully one that can be accommodating with special arrangements.

Westin or W or Ritz Carlton?

2. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

What do you mean by "special arrangments"? Dead hooker disposal?

I don't think you could go wrong with any of them. The Mansion should be on a list of best Dallas hotels. Ask bigup2dahorns. He'll know. He's an Uptown snob. [​IMG]

3. vy2005

vy2005 250+ Posts

I would say one of these 3: Adolphus, Zaza, or Melrose. Not sure about their special hooker arrangements though.

4. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Surprise engagement type special arrangement sort of thing.

hoping the hotel could do dinner, flowers, music, etc.... all in the room.

I suppose I might as well ask for the best restaurants in Dallas for that sort of thing should I decide to go that way too. Was just thinking a more private venue, i.e, a super duper upscale suite or penthouse would be best.

5. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

6. C-Man

C-Man 250+ Posts

Zaza is a very cool, chic boutique hotel ... and a great suggestion. I believe the Adolphus has been around a long time. Isn't The French Room there?

What's the name of the small, older hotel that looks like a B&B in the middle of Uptown? It's not too far down the street from The Stoneleigh. We almost stayed there on our wedding night.

7. UTinBigD

UTinBigD 250+ Posts

The Melrose was great. stayed the night after our wedding. We did not really ask for anything special but they set out champagne and choc-dipped strawberries and some other stuff. The suite was pretty big as well. The lounge/bar was nice too.

The French Room is in the Adolphus. Only been there once, but the FR is quite a place. The regular room we had in the Adolphus was nothing to write home about, but on par with most other lux type hotels.

I’m sure any big/nice hotel will do whatever you want.

Be wary of the valet at the Ritz. What a f’ing nightmare. Granted we were there at a party, so delays were to be expected with all the extra people, but only having 2 or 3 valets getting cars and zero organization as whose car should be coming up next was very poor management. They even lost someone’s keys and had to drive them home to get the spare set.

8. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Thanks guys.

9. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

The Mansion has built an international reputation for attending to special requests. That personalized service is what has made it on many "best hotels in the world" lists. I have never stayed there, but that's its reputation. The restauarant was always a landmark. It just got remodeled and they have a new chef that is apparently doing pretty well.

The other two ultra luxury hotels would be the Ritz-Carlton and the Crescent. These are both in Uptown and would be more lively than the quietly discreet Mansion.

In the luxury meets hip world, you have the Zaza and the W. I am not sure the W would go out of its way to do anything special, because they are probably above all that unless you are Justin Timerlake or Tony Romo or have a an MC attached to your shortened name.

The Hotel St. Germain is a super luxurious B&B. You have to plan your dinner menu with them 24 hours in advance, so they are totally used to doing special requests things, especially romantic ones.

The Adolphus is the Grande Dame, but the last time I stayed there the rooms were just ok. The French Room, as the other posters have said, is awesome. It wins tons of awards and the Zagat folks named it the best hotel restaurant in the country. Under the new DMN restaurant critic's regime, it's 1 of only 2 5 star places in town)

10. threesheets

threesheets 250+ Posts

For the scenario you're asking about, it's the Crescent IMO. Service/setting is second to none.

11. Cwaghorns

Cwaghorns 25+ Posts

I can get you a discount at any La Quinta...if you are interested.

12. MizzouSnives

MizzouSnives 500+ Posts

you mention two Starwood properties in your post...

If you're a Starwood man, the W is hard to beat. yeah, if you're a peon they will brush you aside and you have to deal with the "hip" crowd, but the hotel is pretty damn nice. I've stayed there twice, new year's eve last year (******* madhouse) and my wedding night this year (night of their halloween party...another madhouse) and they always treat me right. upgraded both times (i'm a starwood platinum member) and for our wedding night they put out champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries without me asking (i had made my reservations on the phone and mentioned it was for our wedding night). service was very quick. the suites are good sized.

The Crescent is also highly respected. I have no idea on the Ritz or Hotel Zaza, but have heard great things about Zaza.

13. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Thanks again. Went with The Crescent.

14. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

1. The Mansion on Turtle Creek
    2. The Adolphus
    3. The Ritz

15. CajunHorn

CajunHorn 100+ Posts

Can't imagine anything better in Dallas than The Mansion.

16. scottsins

scottsins 1,000+ Posts

just stayed at the melrose saturday.

do NOT get a corner room (larger) that is on the front, oak lawn side. it was loud as hell. sirens, traffic, etc. not cool at all, in that regard.

17. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

18. naijahorn

naijahorn 250+ Posts

Checked out The Mansion. Looks like its the same company that owns The Crescent (Rosewood). Same type of packages and services being offered. The 1 difference is that The Crescent gave me the option of having the 3-course dinner in the privacy of the room instead of the restaurant. The Mansion doesn't. So I think I'll stick with The Crescent. I think the concierge at The Crescent can handle roses and stuff like that. At least, for what I'm paying I hope so.

19. goat

goat 250+ Posts

aint nothing wrong with the cresent....they should take care of you nicely.

a bit surprised the mansion wont do that for you.....i think they are finally done with all of the renovations but havent been there yet.

20. LonghornLawyer

LonghornLawyer 500+ Posts

Are the renovations done at the Stoneleigh? If so, that may have been worth a look.

As to your question, it's tough to beat the Hotel St. Germain for a romantic setting.

21. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

22. KazooMan

KazooMan 250+ Posts

I still prefer the Mansion. And if Michael Gott is playing in the piano bar, he is worth a trip just to hear him play and sing - my favorite Dallas entertainer. He only plays a few nights a week, so you need to check to see if he is there prior to making the trip. Great drinks, great atmosphere (can be very romantic), and great music - bring your favorite squeeze, and have a blast!