What now?

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Horn6721, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I admit I have no idea.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

24 hour rule. Until then...

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. El Sapo

El Sapo Bevo's BFF

I'm thankful this season is mercifully coming to an end.
    I'm aware that we're not likely to be much better next season.
    I'm hopeful that our entrance into the SEC will be delayed by several years because we are going to be obliterated if we show up any time soon.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

We are going to Olive Garden today because my 11 year old has been begging to go lol. We were going to go last night but decided not to.

So, that's what I'm doing now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

The issue of when to jump is a conundrum. I get the idea of wanting to build it up before walking into the SEC West. But continuing to underperform in the Big 12 isn't going to prepare us for what's ahead.

So my vote would be 22 or 23.

6. Giovanni Jones

Giovanni Jones 2,500+ Posts

Tickets for future games will likely go for face value or less on StubHub.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

We lost this game not because Kansas is better. We lost this game because we had no will to win. This loss was about mental attitude. So how do we come out in the first half and not really want to win? There is an obvious underlying issue.
    This team is a trip
    It's like most of the players on the team are not buying in as a team. Just a group of individuals.
    Normally we would have won by at least three scores at the very least.
    Now a lot of people are talking about how Kansas beat Texas but, really, it's about how Texas gave this game away.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Agree Pom
    Which makes it all the worse.
    Why? What could possibly be the reason to let the team and school be humiliated like that?

• Hot Hot x 1
  9. horninchicago

Not a Tiger Woods fan, but he won most golf tournaments on mental strength. Most Tour players can pull off the shots he did, but not under tournament pressure. That is the difference.

If Texas was mentally checked out last night and KU wasn't, then KU IS better than Texas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I think it's a Catch-22 for Sark. It seems like there are 2 types of players on this team. 1. Have the talent to be a difference maker, but won't do what they're supposed to do in a game. 2. Those that will do they're job as assigned, but don't have the talent to make a difference.

There seems to be very few of both, and that isn't changing soon.

11. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

My solution … they must wear this new uniform the rest of the season both home and away … they don’t deserve to wear the longhorn colors and logo … rant over …
    Except 5 and 8 … they can wear the actual longhorn uni … think of it as reverse helmet stickers :idk:
    F6DC9B11-E006-4E13-A948-2539E283BBE1.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

1. This team has not been the same since ou loss.
    2. Poor team leadership.
    3. Some players have not bought in or checked out prior.
    4. Poor / sloppy execution.
    5. No strong will to win.

There are probably a few more but those are my top 5...

• Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  13. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Look, I love Sark. Great guy. Class act. But putting aside everything else — the talent argument, cultural issues, player motivation, you name it — here’s the big question:

Would this team be 4-6 and have just suffered the historic embarrassment, after four straight embarrassments, had the HC been Mack, Mensa Boy or even Charlie?Candidly, I doubt it, and that really worries me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. horninchicago

Refusing to stand for the Eyes never happened before last year either. Not getting West Mall, only stating a fact that points to the crappy attitude of the majority of this team.

I'm hanging my hat on craptastic players and attitudes. I still liked what Sark had to say post game last night.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

That is true. In fact, there is a part of me that wonders — conspiracy theory alert — if what we are seeing is, for lack of a better definition, some form of selected sabotage, by some players. Now, I’m not saying that it is, but the fact that the thought has crossed my mind is stunning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

The fact they let KU celebrate on the 50 says is all. They don't give a damn. I hope 40 do transfer, I can't stand the lack of pride.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  17. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Coach K will not allow Sark to be successful. So shame on Sark if he keeps him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Handler,

That KU lardass lineman rolling around with horns down on the 50 for 5-10 minutes was revolting. Shouldn't admit that I wondered if anyone had a 30.06, but then I thought if I had one, I would have emptied it into the jumbotron in the first quarter

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. horninchicago

@Pomspoms, it doesn't surprise me that you disagree with this, but why do you? You think supposed physical superiority by Texas makes them better than Kansas? Texas lost and if it is due in a big part to mental lacking, how does that make Texas better?

20. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I did disagree because we have superior physical athletes. If we had our heads on straight we would win by three scores or better. But as a team we are in a dark place right now. We are handcuffed. Give Kansas credit for taking advantage of us

21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

the women's basketball team beat the number one team in the nation Stanford.

Maybe we need coach Schaefer to be our football coach
    His players seem to love playing for him.
    He seems to concentrate on defense which leads the way

• Like Like x 1
  22. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Yep. Which leads me to believe the move to the SEC will be soon.
    I've spoken to a few others who asked the same question. It's entirely possible.

23. horninchicago

Okay, that's why I say they are better right now.

24. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

#3, but damn Vic is a helluva coach. I sure wish he could coach football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

The will to win...

I just don't understand. Is it physical contact?

I played in a very competitive intramural flag football program in college. It was full contact though you could not dive at people or hit them above the shoulders. But it happened. We had a one of the top two teams and during the season we practiced often and were very organized. Before each game er would listen to rock music and get all pumped up. We lost in the championship on penetrations (OT) and were literally devastated by this. We loved it so much and beating the frats caused much desire.

The will to win was more like the need to win. We had to do it. Every game was a blast and it meant something being out there with your friends.

Of course, intramurals against frats is nothing like big-time college football but I had to think that if I were good enough to start for the University of Texas that I'd have the will to win in spades. It would be huge. I would show up. I know I would.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Can we have the numbers and TEXAS hand written in orange sharpie kind of like my 5th grade basketball intramural teams? Or maybe we can use burnt orange tape to accomplish that. Don't worry about getting the grass stains out after the games either. It'd be really amature looking just like their play.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I will probably never understand how players who took scholarships to go to and play for the University of Texas could turn their back and give up like they have done and did last night.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  28. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Unfortunately it is the world that my generation has created to leave to our grandchildren. They seem to name each group - "the greatest", the boomers, X, and whatever popular term "they" can think of. This seems to be the "ME" group or as the greatest coach I ever met loved to say, "I-itis".

These people want the school to hand them a degree (no work required), along with a large paycheck for the rest of their life. They are "owed".

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  29. OrangeShogun

OrangeShogun 500+ Posts

Our football team is a direct reflection of what our university has become. Both disgust me.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

Our football program is recovering from over 10 years of damage. The admin is recovering from 15 years of damage. Believe it or not, I think the current President, AD, and Head Coach are all good hires. Hang in there. It's going to take some time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1