What the holy h...? re: Sedona Prince

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by DFW_Horn, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

What’s your point? The two that I mentioned had just as much if not more of an impact as Travis.

2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

You know the point...:e-eyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

As I mentioned before none of the players that has transferred out recently were starters or played any significant minutes out side of Destiny due to Lashanns injury so....

• poop poop x 1
  4. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

No, I don’t know your point. Without Coach Mitchell or George we wouldn’t have gotten the majority of the talent that we got GG could have easily brought in the same. She brought in Coach Hughey who’s a good coach and is doing a fine job at Houston it didn’t work out. In fact, Coach Mitchell was a bigger loss IMO than Travis and that’s not taking anything away from Travis because he was an important part of the program. I’m not going to sit here and rehash the same tired debate about GG. The bottom line is that she had her opportunity it didn’t work out.

Here’s a FACT that can’t be debated. Texas has had the most SUCCESS in their programs HISTORY since the ole southwest conference days under Coach Aston.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

They didn't play significant minutes because the "coach" doesn't have a clue how to put them in positions to be successful on the court according to their strengths and weaknesses (which all players have). Hence why they're gone and hence why the program is headed for the crapper if a change isn't made.

After witnessing the exodus of highly regarded talent over the past couple of years, I don't know why any other top recruit would even think of allowing themselves to get caught up in that :e-poo::e-poo::e-poo: show.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • poop poop x 2
  6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

No, they didn’t play because Texas was all ready loaded at their respective positions. If anything Coach Aston OVER recruited certain positions like the PF, and Guard positions.

When you have the reigning conf. freshman of the year at the position it’s probably not smart for the Coach or the PLAYER and her support system to have her go to that program where there’s only one year of separation if she was wanting a lot of playing time right away which was the case with Boothe and to a lesser degree with Destiny and Chaz.

Chaz is the only player that I think Coach Aston will regret not implementing/using of the players that actually played that transferred out of Texas because of here great skill although she would have also of had to wait here turn just like Brooke, Ariel, and Sug.

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. DINO22

DINO22 1,000+ Posts

Sad another good player leaving.
    That part.
    Hookem'

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

What part? You got 4 good players coming in, that part?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Keep that damage control coming.

• Like Like x 3
    • poop poop x 2
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Here's THE REAL FACT... KA has done less with more than anybody in the nation not named Holly! Here's another REAL FACT... KM has kicked her all up and down I-35 the whole time she's been at the helm. Here's another REAL FACT... we're not even the second best team within 100 miles let alone anywhere near being one of the top teams in the nation. Here's another REAL FACT... none of it is going to change until A CHANGE is made.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

The minions are on "high-alert." If only that much energy could be put towards X's & O's and player development.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  12. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Good to know you’re in here talking to yourself like always. Bottom line is that you need to find a new obsession because Coach Aston isn’t getting fired and she’ll get a contract extension whenever her contract is up, and I’m sure you know when that is. So that means more years for the second best Coach in Texas wbb history. Debating the whinny subject every couple of months with an obsessed man child is annoying. Deal with it.:e-face-shades:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't think we'll know that to be true or not until a couple of years from now, especially with the Aussies. They may end up all americans, they may be the worst busts in Texas history, but I don't think there's any way to tell how they'll do against the best college players in the US at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Clearly I'm talking to more than just myself, as it set off your radar.

*Is it minion, or is it MARM? :e-thinking:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  15. zztx1

zztx1 100+ Posts

Goestenkors was hired for $1 million a year from Duke. I know personally she chose not to retain Travis Mays, it was not a Plonsky decision. She fostered ZERO ties in recruiting Texas as a state. Duke is a different animal because parents send athletic daughters to Duke because of the education. Same with Stanford. No other big womens basketball school gives you that quality of education. She was a terrible coach for Texas because of her lack of recruiting.

Aston started out in the bottom half of salaries of the Big 12 as has moved up, but she has done so much for this program. Those of you who claim she should have played the transferring players more could not have seen those players in games. They would not have 1 minute of playing time at Baylor or UConn. I know players and parents think their kids can be the next phenom but the court play of these players was simply too rough to put on the court for long periods of time. Airballs, missed passes, no defense, stupid fouls, need I say more. When a coach lets Baker Mayfield or Samantha Show transfer, that's a fire-able offense. I wish these players the best but I doubt they will be competing for national players of the year.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  16. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:e-thinking::e-thinking::e-thinking:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious.

#pathetic

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  17. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Why is Anybody talking about Goestenkors? That is ancient history and has absolutely no impact of today's program.
    Aston came to Texas and made an immediate impact but has slowly let the program slide downhill. She has lost all respect from elite recruits and will never build the program to the level that Texas fans and supporters expect. I wrote some time back that the 2020 recruiting class will be a watershed moment for Aston's program and I still believe it. If she does not attract some of the elites (such as Andrews) in that class, with as many as there are, she will never build the program and she will lose all credibility for the future! I am still in shock that Prince left. This is a kid that bled Texas orange. Something is terribly wrong internally and I have my suspicions and I believe this will come out soon!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • poop poop x 1
  18. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

She's gone so I'm moving on. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with next year's team. It appears we are bringing in some "dogs" (no offense ladies). That is something we have been lacking the past year or so. I know we gotta have a couple of 4 and 5 stars but the scrappers define a team. I think Charli is gonna be one and she is now vital in our success. Hope Celeste comes in with that New York attitude. One of my favorite players last year to watch was Anriel Howard at Miss State. When she wasn't scoring, she was involved everywhere. Joyner is now playing for a future WNBA contract so hopefully that will motivate her to be the next Anriel Howard. Winning brings in talent so if we win it will come.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Also, look at the situation with Deja Kelly. Lived, breathed, and bled burnt orange since she was a tot. She went from being totally committed as a 7th grader (if I'm not mistaken) to a point where neither she nor her mother want ANYTHING to do with our program. That's not just a case of a young kid committing too early then changing her mind. Trust me it is MUCH MORE!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • poop poop x 2
  20. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

You mean kids don’t change their minds? And as I said before, NONE of the players that have transferred out that actually played got any significant playing time outside of Destiny due to Lashanns injury. Name ONE player that actually played that has transferred out recently that was a SURE starter or likely to get a ton of playing time that has transferred out, I’ll wait. If a player like Sug or Joyner were transferring that would mean there were internal issues.

1st or 2nd year highly touted players OR recruits that never played at Texas or barely got any significant playing time transferring out does NOT equal internal issues. If that were the case then EVERY top 25 program in the country has internal issues. So, you will be waiting an eternity if you think ANYTHING is going to come out about some imaginary internal issues.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

PREACH

22. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

And you can obviously say the same thing about the players that have transferred out that were “good” players.

23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What is this all about????

• Like Like x 2
  24. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I don’t know an account with 11 followers, you tell me.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  25. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

So officially 41 poops just on this thread but it could be 42 or more by the time this posts. Yes that was a $hitty job to have to count all that....

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

The vast majority of the :e-poo:ers are either minions or the marm.

#fullofit

• Agree Agree x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Stay tuned @Ellis21d I believe you're eventually going to have your answers.
    :popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • poop poop x 2
  28. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Most for brnjk sh**ty post.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  29. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

No idea who this guy is but it popped up in the texaswbb feed. Sure hope he doesn’t know something the rest of us minions don’t!

30. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Again... they keep you on YOUR toes, don't they? Kinda feeling like a long-tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs are we?
    :popcorn:

• poop poop x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.